The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Free Peek Device (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3237 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I was very fortunate to receive a review copy.

I have already bought several of Tom's releases and with each, I have admired his 'out of the box' thinking as well as clever ruses. And this new peek device - Sierpinski's Peek - is very deceptive and clean.

In the video explanation, Tom explains the principles in play and several ways to present. Watching it, I smiled several times at just how cleanly the peek is obtained. However, buyers of this effect do need to be aware that there is some 'craft' work to do beforehand. Nothing too difficult and all is clearly explained and, once done, you will be set for a long long time.

I certainly like and recommend Sierpinski's Peek and, if you like what you see in the demo and don't mind some preparatory work, then this is well worth getting. Also, as a bonus, I learned quite a bit about the effectiveness of a certain card strategy and which I can see myself using in other ways.

Neil
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I just finished watching the review copy of the video link and I concur in what Neil said. It is a very clever application of a well known principle. You do have to alter a card box, which would take about 10-15 minutes. It would be great to use in any situation where you need to secretly obtain the value of a freely selected card. The use of an invisible deck with this was a terrific suggested idea. I was very pleased with this and recommend it if you do mind a little and easy arts and crafts. You can use any deck of cards.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2017, TheSecretFire wrote:
Sent out the explanations to the first handful of people who posted/sent a PM. Would have done this earlier, but a tornado came through, so I spent an hour or so in the laundry room, wearing Star Wars pajamas, eating lemon pudding and practicing my double lift (go out happy, right?). No one is hurt (that I know of), just some hail and wind damage. Anyways... thanks to everyone who volunteered for reviews!

Tom

Lemon pudding??? And you claim no one was hurt! 😆
TheSecretFire
View Profile
Special user
597 Posts

Profile of TheSecretFire
Quote:
On Mar 27, 2017, Tom Cutts wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2017, TheSecretFire wrote:
Sent out the explanations to the first handful of people who posted/sent a PM. Would have done this earlier, but a tornado came through, so I spent an hour or so in the laundry room, wearing Star Wars pajamas, eating lemon pudding and practicing my double lift (go out happy, right?). No one is hurt (that I know of), just some hail and wind damage. Anyways... thanks to everyone who volunteered for reviews!

Tom

Lemon pudding??? And you claim no one was hurt! 😆

It was the only option. Ran out of tapioca.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I also just finished watching the expalanation it's a great idea for the peek & simply to contruct I really enjoyed this & I will certainly use this at some point !
Thanks Tom
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Yes, this is great. The peek is so natural, I had a really difficult time seeing it, even after multiple viewings of the demo. Cannot say much more than has already been said, except, will definitely find a use for this great utility. The only issue I see, is that you may not want specs directly behind you, so a bit angly.
Thanks for coming up with this, it's very clever.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Similarities to the peek in Larry Becker's "Out of Body"?
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
I also got a review copy. As other reviewers have pointed out there is a one time construction of the box. Nothing difficult. Once complete it should last a long time. You can use any deck of cards but may have to do a quick something to them which is very easy and can be done right in front of your audience without suspicion.

I also agree with magicinsight that the use of the Invisible Deck is a good idea. As Tom states it gives justification for the selected card being reversed in the deck. Yes, you may have to be careful of people observing from behind you but I do think this could be overcome by keeping everything close to your body.

Also, I would recommend checking out Tom's effect Rebirth. Such a cool plot with a torn and restored card. And I did not receive a review copy of Rebirth, I purchased it.

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Free Peek Device (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL