The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Coffee House Conjuring Video (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ebackes88
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of ebackes88
Busting out some tricks from Gregory Wilson's "Coffee House Conjuring." Not the best reactions I've ever gotten but let me know what you guys think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNslqNtgxIg&t=5s
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Excellent!
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1334 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
I think this is great. You have got a good resource of martial and learnt it well to the point were you can perform it confidently. I think now you need to work on the presentation. It all a bit here a cup heres a coin which is fine but give it more. When the girl asked about David Blaine you opened up also at the end you sinacilay said thank you. If you tell the people a little more about you and your magic and ask them about there day, there interaction with you is going to be stronger.

Hope this helps
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Those little "insulators" that "go around" the hot cups are perfect for the old boomerang illusion! The young man whom I am mentoring, noticed that, and mentioned that he had fooled his father with them. Colton and I had been discussing my "illusion routine" that I use in the deuce spot in my school show. I use plastic "boomerangs" and, the "What's Next" (spot card) to demonstrate how our senses fool us. (the Jastrow area illusion) The complete routine, and, presentation is in my book.

It's a 5 minute bit that plays for the primary school kids, AND, high school teenagers, too! (also in colleges) I've even used it for adults!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
ebackes88
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of ebackes88
Thanks guys! @yellowcustard I am fairly new to magic and performing so I haven't quite gotten comfortable with people yet. I am just getting confident enough in myself and my magic that I don't get as anxious while I'm performing and am now trying to focus more on interacting with people and playing off of them. I have read a few books on the subject but I think I just need more experience with performing. It has been very helpful to video myself so I can see what I'm doing and what I need to work on.
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1334 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2017, ebackes88 wrote:
Thanks guys! @yellowcustard I am fairly new to magic and performing so I haven't quite gotten comfortable with people yet. I am just getting confident enough in myself and my magic that I don't get as anxious while I'm performing and am now trying to focus more on interacting with people and playing off of them. I have read a few books on the subject but I think I just need more experience with performing. It has been very helpful to video myself so I can see what I'm doing and what I need to work on.

That is cool to hear. And your approach sounds bang on!

Keep up the great work!
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I totally agree with 1kj & Yellow custard.

You appear to be progressing nicely. Think about learning to be a magician, as the old "apprentice", "journeyman", "master" system. It takes time, study, practice (all, hopefully, with a good mentor!).

The "key word" that I would suggest you "write on your shaving mirror", is: "FESTINA LENTE". (That's Latin for "Make haste, slowly".

I started performing at about ten years of age, about 1943. I did a "show & tell" for my sixth grade class. I had learned some tricks from a library book. I remember that I was successful in fooling my classmates. I'm not sure, looking back about about 74 years, if I ENTERTAINED them! I was not old enough, or experienced enough to to even realize that!

I was very fortunate at 13, on April 30, 1945, to meet a professional magician, who, recognized my interest. The late Stuart Ross, had been involved, in a small way, in promoting the TARBELL Correspondence Course. In one afternoon, after his show, he gave me a "quick course" in performing. THAT was the "jump start" that got me moving! For three years, he would write and encourage me! Stuart died in October, 1949. But, in those four years, I also had met C. Thomas Magrum, Roy Shrimplin, and Roy Mayer, all "school show magicians", who added to my knowledge! Their mentoring, too, was a TREMENDOUS help! Vincent Malmstrom, a talented amateur, loaned me his five volumes of TARBELL! (I got a "college education in magic" while still in high school!)

I had been doing shows, as often as possible, during those four years. "One learns by doing the thing" (--Sophocles) I was learning!

I joined the Navy (1951), "got" an agent, and, worked club dates, etc. for four years. (I made enough money, so that I could send home to the bank, my Navy pay check! I lived on the money from paid dates! I was a part time professional.

About fifteen years later, after lots of bookings, I decided to go "full time".

I tell you all this, so that you will realize that, it takes time!

Everyone follows his own path! Find yours! Just remember: FESTINA LENTE!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Coffee House Conjuring Video (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL