The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Gender reveal magic trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

greggtheballoonguy
View Profile
New user
Dallas, Texas
41 Posts

Profile of greggtheballoonguy
I have just been asked to do the reveal during my magic show. Any ideas out there?
Thanks for the input,
Gregg
Gregg Ka-Zam! aka Gregg the Balloon Guy
Marvelous_Mysto
View Profile
Regular user
Adelaide, Australia
143 Posts

Profile of Marvelous_Mysto
Hi Gregg,
This is a possible suggestion:
Double stuff a round balloon of a neutral colour with the inside balloon being the colour required to reveal the gender. You need to have a layer of air between the two balloons.
There is a technique to burst the outside balloon by pinching a layer of latex between thumb & middle finger, then snapping or clicking your fingers. This friction on the outside balloon causes it to pop revealing the inside balloon.

If you want some extra WOW, you can put confetti in the outer balloon before inserting the inner balloon. Now, when the outer balloon bursts, it reveals the gender balloon, and confetti drops to the floor...

If you want to see this in action, do a YouTube search for David Brennian working at Disneyland. He pops the outer polka dot balloon, revealing the inner balloon (plain colour) and large white polka dots fall to the ground. It appears that all the polka dots 'fell' off the balloon.
Baz
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Production box? Put in a baby rattle and pull out a sign "its a boy" or a pink silk. Just throwing it out there.
Karen Climer
View Profile
Veteran user
Orlando, Florida
324 Posts

Profile of Karen Climer
Since this is the balloon forum, I would second Marvelous Mysto's suggestion for the color changing balloon.
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Quote:
On Apr 5, 2017, Karen Climer wrote:
Since this is the balloon forum, I would second Marvelous Mysto's suggestion for the color changing balloon.

Good point! Ha! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Gender reveal magic trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL