The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Attire - Roddy McGhie & Danny Weiser (a Magic Portal review) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

canaday
View Profile
Special user
Florida
742 Posts

Profile of canaday
Attire - Roddy McGhie & Danny Weiser
$24.95
http://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=55855

The Hype:
Attire is the ultimate way to introduce a Sharpie. They see a design of a marker on your shirt, and with a simple pull on the image, and you now have a REAL Sharpie in your hand that you can use in your next routine!

Attire is a unique piece of magic from the creative duo of Roddy McGhie and Danny Weiser. It's truly like nothing else on the market. It allows you to take the ordinary action of introducing a Sharpie, and fill it with a moment of impossibility for your spectators.

You can hand out the Sharpie. They can even write with it. Except for the fact that you just manifested it from a drawing on your shirt, the marker is completely normal! If you use a Sharpie, then you'll need Attire.
The perfect and most magical way to introduce a Sharpie for any of your existing routines. Sharpie can write and be handed out.
Resets in seconds
Easy to learn
Easy to use
Light and Durable
Can be used with any color or style of shirt

My Take:
When I first saw the demo video of this, it really didn't knock me out. Then I watched the instructional video and became a convert. The more I watched, the more convincing the illusion became.

There has been additional footage added to the video since it was originally shot. In the original version, the gimmick was ironed onto a T-shirt or Polo shirt. The new technique taught allows the gimmick to be removed and used on another shirt. As washing the shirt will actually fade the gimmick and a dryer can be its death, this is a great improvement.

There is some arts and crafts necessary but it is a simple procedure. You will also have to make a couple of additional purchases to get the effect into working condition. Once completed and applied, the actual working is very simple (and looks great). A small amount of sleight of hand is required but once again, the move is simple. Practice in a mirror and soon you will be fooling yourself.

Two additional effects are taught, One, involving the appearance of a handkerchief, I just did not care for. In the other, a pack of Mentos is produced. This not looks great but it opens the door to your own imagination. The more creative among us will be making many sundry items appear from a drawing. This is going to be a good addition to any street magician's arsenal.

I think this is going to appeal to the younger set as us older guys just don't look that good in a T-shirt anymore. This subject is broached on the video saying that is why a shirt was not included with the effect. We come in all sizes and shapes and it will be up to you whether you feel good performing in the shirt necessary.

Conclusion: A fun effect that is easy to do, looks good and is a fooler.
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
Older like 90? I'm in my fifties and only wear t shirts. Almost always have. Maybe it's an LA thing but I don't get the comment. Other than that, nicely done.
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2017, Slackerking wrote:
Older like 90? I'm in my fifties and only wear t shirts. Almost always have. Maybe it's an LA thing but I don't get the comment. Other than that, nicely done.

I think he is probably commenting on the fact that many men in their 50's and older are no longer growing taller...just wider. Myself included.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
canaday
View Profile
Special user
Florida
742 Posts

Profile of canaday
You got it, Mike. I live in Florida (Heaven's Waiting Room) and you hit it on the nose.
philipsw
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of philipsw
I'm with Canaday on the older users (! - from my advanced age of 40!) - but do think this is a lovely visual effect which ticks all the boxes. If it suits your style you're going to have a lot of fun with this. What better way to introduce your sharpie? Full review here: http://www.bicycle-cards.co.uk/2017/06/2......-review/
http://www.morethanmagic.co.uk

It's not what you do but the way that you do it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Attire - Roddy McGhie & Danny Weiser (a Magic Portal review) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL