The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Redoing Manhattan joke (book test) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Hello guys......
I just received a couple of book tests which are Manhattan (pawn shop annual sales log) and Sinister (profiling book of killers). Remember those from way back when?

I really want to redo the Manhattan pawn shop book to make it look more real. Right now all the writing is printed from a uhhhh type writer. In other words, how can a sale log be printed from a printer and still look like they're the real thing? If it was a real log, wouldn't it be hand written? That is want I want to do...

Maybe you spooky guys can help me......

1. What type of paper should I use? What is the best pound (thickness)

2. Wouldn't a log book have lines on the paper to write on? Or is having blank pages the best look?

3. Should I use pencil or ink? The book was made in 1950.

4. Should I write the information on the paper first and then give it a bath or the other way around? If I write after the bath, then how can I make the writing look aged?

I plan on using the wire comb binding and top and bottom covers of the original book to make the newer one.

Best
Ray
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Redoing Manhattan joke (book test) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL