The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Miracle Model by Jason Messina (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jason Messina
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of Jason Messina
People have emailed over the years about The Miracle Model more then any other book. This has been in very limited circulation for awhile but is now available.

The book is inspired by Ormond McGill's philosophy of performing miracles. The Miracle Model is a powerful framework for turning any trick or performance into a miracle.

More information can be found here:
http://www.secretmagicstuff.com/books/the-miracle-model/

Any questions, let me know.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

What is the Miracle Model?

The Miracle Model is a 99 page ebook that will show you how to amplify your magic into miracle status.

Jason, explains why you need this model/framework in your work, as well as the benefits of using said model.

Explains the model's origins, as also assumptions that are made within.

Book focuses on your "performances" and how to elevate their status.

There are bits and pieces of great ideas from the restaurant worker, to close-up, to stage. Something for everyone.

He urges you to try the Miracle Model out in the real world, once you learn the theory and secrets within, and compares it to trying on your first pair a shoes, then the shoes get worn it, and fit comfortably from then on

Book is broken up in 2 parts: 1st part is the rules surrounding the model, and 2nd part is an expansion of these ideas and how to effectively use them in the real world.

There are 13 rules, and Jason goes over each rule in detail with real world example.

Also discussed, is conversational tone, an effect's side effects on an audience, ego's in magic, truth in our art, ritual and process with examples, the art of presentation, setting, the 2 + 2 principle, method in action, and much more.

All in all, this book has no tricks or effects, but give you the framework to go out and make your performances legendary.

After reading this e-book you will feel inspired to go out and try some of the ideas within this tome.

Thanks

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3236 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I bought this the other day and am reading this in small sections so I can better digest. It is a brilliant read, well written and has made me think a lot about my own style and presentation.

I unreservedly recommend.

Neil
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
I finished the book last night...excellent read! Full of great advice & tools! I will surely be re-reading the book.

Nathan
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
I received a review copy and I loved reading.

There are a few spelling errors, but otherwise, it's very well written.

It provides very thought-provoking insights to how to leave the spectator with a feeling of awe rather than a feeling of pleasure.

I especially resonated with this book because I'm a huge fan of the Jerx blog. The ideas presented in this manuscript are VERY similar to the thoughts "Andy" has and expresses in his blog. I believe him and Jason are kindered spirits. A lot of the principles discussed in this book are discussed using different vocabulary on Andy's site. (I still HIGHLY recommend everyone read Andy's site. It will change how you look at your magic.)

This book will change how you look at your magic as well. It will convict you in some ways. I don't completely agree with all of the points in the book, but Jason makes it very clear that you should pick and choose which points in the book resonate with you and challenge those that don't by trying them anyone.

If you're serious about your performance and want to give performances that your spectators will remember for years to come, I can't recommend this book enough.

Madison
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Jason is a deep thinker. I always enjoy his work. Breaking down Ormond McGill's 13 rules for presenting a miracle is a fantastic idea. They have needed an update for a long time.
I will definitely reread this book becasue there is a ton of helpful information.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Jason Messina
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of Jason Messina
Thank you everyone for the reviews, I appreciate you reading the book. There are actually some principles in here that I'm currently applying to normal everyday civilian life to enhance the value of the event.

The book/audiobook is now available for instant download rather than having to wait for me to send it off.

Any questions let me know.
Jason Messina
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of Jason Messina
Just wanted to give a quick update - it looks like The Miracle Model may soon turn into a video download project with all new material, tricks and philosophy. Out of all the books/tricks I've written, this one seems to have gotten the best feedback. So thank you, everyone.

there are a few discounted bundles for the weekend:
http://www.secretmagicstuff.com/special-offers/

Stay safe!
m.o.pfeil
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of m.o.pfeil
I would love an update on the Miracle Model. Great work already!
I'd rather be read than (w)ri(gh)t(e)
falcon2600
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of falcon2600
Jason, in the ebook "Secrets of Mindfulness for Magicians", works on the "inside" of the Performer.

In this ebook, Jason works on the "outside" of the Performance instead.

For what reason? To create real Miracles.

Is it possible to create Miracles? Yes, real Miracles in the mind of your audience where everything could happen and it could last for many years instead of the stage where it could last only a few minutes...

The Miracle Model is a practical checklist of principles and suggestions to apply to your performances so that to modify the psychological perception of what is going on.

Being a Psychology student I can say that many psychological little secrets are involved in this work.

Once again I can say: "Well done, Jason!".
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3236 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I am pleased this is continuing to get good reviews. It is a really valuable and insightful read.

Again, well done Jason.
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Just wanted to add my praise here, as well. If you want a book that will help to elevate your performance, and challenge you to reconsider your current thinking and approach to magic/mentalism, The Miracle Model is that book. Good work, Jason!
Jason Messina
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of Jason Messina
Thank you everyone for all the feedback, it is truly appreciated!

I've decided to remove all my current books from circulation at the end of the month, including The Miracle Model and Secrets of Mindfulness For Magicians - they won't be available anywhere after that time. They may reappear down the road as videos, but as of right now that is very unlikely.

Here is a link to the books - http://www.secretmagicstuff.com/special-offers/ and they are also available from Penguin, Lybrary and Murphy's distribution till end of month.
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Quote:
On Aug 22, 2017, Jason Messina wrote:
Thank you everyone for all the feedback, it is truly appreciated!

I've decided to remove all my current books from circulation at the end of the month, including The Miracle Model and Secrets of Mindfulness For Magicians - they won't be available anywhere after that time. They may reappear down the road as videos, but as of right now that is very unlikely.

Here is a link to the books - http://www.secretmagicstuff.com/special-offers/ and they are also available from Penguin, Lybrary and Murphy's distribution till end of month.

Real disappointing when try to go the web page push the buy button and said the ebook discontinue.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Yeah it's September. He mentioned they'd be gone by end of August
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Quote:
On Sep 17, 2017, John C wrote:
Yeah it's September. He mentioned they'd be gone by end of August

I did not notice his announcement when first read the description. Thanks.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
Jason Messina
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of Jason Messina
Ok, just a quick note on this. I removed all books from circulation at the end of last August. I got a bunch of emails from people who complained they hadn't realized the books were being removed from the market. Also, I accidentally wrote two more books - Secrets of Superstar Magic and Zen Magic.

So, I've decided to bundle all 12 of my books and make them available one last time, from Lybrary.com or direct from me. There aren't plans for any more books any time soon, so this just seemed like the appropriate time to give one last chance.

They will not be available after 2/8. At some point the material may find it's way into videos or maybe a hardcover collection, but won't be available in digital format and definitely not at this price.

Here is link to lybrary.com - https://www.lybrary.com/the-collection-p-922361.html

Or you can get it from me here - https://www.secretmagicstuff.com/

Thank you to all the support from everyone over the years. It's been a wild ride since I published my first magic trick, TUBE, while working with Paul Harris on The Astonishment Project in 2007. Seems like a lifetime ago.

Let me know any questions!

Jason
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Miracle Model by Jason Messina (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL