The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » WTC Escape Attempt - 18th August - Prestatyn, North Wales (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Not an escape you get to see all that often, certainly not live, but this summer you'll have a chance to see it attempted as part of Prestatyn's Field Day on 18th August 2017.

The event is free to attend and the escape will be performed by newcomer Dave Richards.

Lots more entertainment going on too. Its set to be a great family day out. Hope to see some of you there.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
allantaylor
View Profile
Regular user
Yorkshire, England
123 Posts

Profile of allantaylor
If we are over in Wales we will try and visit. Sounds like a great day!
Buy the new updated Cell Escape-The Real Secret http://de-val-magic.co.uk/store/
zachwyman
View Profile
New user
Maryland
54 Posts

Profile of zachwyman
Someone should stream this for those of us in the USA.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
The first performance went well. Made a little bit of press too, which was nice.

Dave will be attempting this again in January 2018 at the North Wales Burlesque & Cabaret Festival.

Exciting times.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Good job, any press available I might put in the Chainletter?
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2017, Roslyn wrote:

Dave will be attempting this again in January 2018 at the North Wales Burlesque & Cabaret Festival.

Hope its indoors .... otherwise hope he has a water heater! It's coooollllddd in Wales that time of year!
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Yes, a water heater.
The times I did the milk can outdoors without warm water makes me shrivel, just thinking about it.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
We have a little bit of press here... http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/155040......?ref=arc

He did a sterling job. Very proud.

But I wasn't the only consultant on the case. We couldn't have done it without Richard Sherry. His skills in the workshop are second to none. If you're thinking of having anything built for an escape you need to talk to this man. Not only that, but his experience of working this particular escape was invaluable. So thank you Richard for being on the end of the phone when we needed you.

And yes, the Jan event is inside. If you want to see it tickets can be purchased from www.theatrcolwyn.co.uk
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
Congratulations!
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Im wondering what people on here think about the use of goggles and noes clip during water torture escapes? Or any escape come to that?
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
I think it depends on the story you're trying to tell.

In this instance we wanted to tell the next chapter in the story of an extreme sportsperson. The nose clip and goggles help to portray that image. At least, we thought so. Which is why we went with it.

We wanted a modern look and feel. And we wanted to be able to say: "Hey, if you have a dream of achieving something. No matter how crazy it is, if you surround yourself with right people, study and train hard you can achieve it."

I think we're getting close to telling the story we want to tell.

Of course, if the narrative is different then goggles and a nose clip might not be right.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » WTC Escape Attempt - 18th August - Prestatyn, North Wales (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL