The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Routines for Women Ventriloquists? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Elizabeth Burton
View Profile
New user
Kentucky, USA
1 Post

Profile of Elizabeth Burton
Hi all! I'm a writer who is currently working on a novel where my protagonist is an elderly female ventriloquist. I would like to use a few skits in the book to make it more authentic, but I'm having trouble finding model skits online that feature female ventriloquists working with female dummies. Can anyone direct to me to some good skits?

In case you're curious, my novel is literary in genre and is telling the story of my protagonist's life. If you'd like to check me out to make sure I'm legit Smile, please feel free to take a look at my website: www.elizabethburtonwriter.com.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Elizabeth,
The dialogs/scripts written and shared by ventriloquists online are pretty poorly and very generically written. Even most ventriloquist scripts available for beginners are not honed for performances. I encourage vents to write their own material. (In fact we teach how to do that at MaherStudios.com) But I have some advice that may be of help.

I'd suggest Youtube to find videos of Shari Lewis & Lambchop, her daughter Mallory who has taken over the character since Shari's death, and Nina Conti. This will give you a look at how they react and respond to their characters. With luck, it will inspire you to write a short "skit" that will become your character's own.
Good luck with your project!
Tom
Tom Crowl - Comedy Ventriloquist

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3691 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
You definitely should check out the wonderful Terri Rogers:

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Routines for Women Ventriloquists? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL