The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » When practice isn't enough? (30 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Rachmaninov
View Profile
Inner circle
1076 Posts

Profile of Rachmaninov
Thanks Brad for those infos. There is some pleasure to play with principles or sleights, even if we know we will never do anything with it. And at times, playing with them leads us toward new things.
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
Well, I took a break - feel a bit better now, lol Smile

Loads of good advice and inspiration here - thanks Smile

I never really found a solution - I still find certain sleights too difficult for me even after years/hours of work - I'm not sure what to do about that.

For the moment, I'm just concentrating on seeing how much mileage I can get out of what I can already do, or from what is within reach for me. Fortunately, that is quite a lot because there's so much clever thinking in magic that great stuff can be done with minimal dexterity. And it's not like I can do no sleights at all, its just that I've drawn a total blank on a few moves that for now I'm just going to put to one side, or find work-arounds for.

I guess reaching limits, especially after a long, hard time of work, can be a bit of a blow psychologically - but oh, well - until I become omnipotent I guess I'll just have to live with it Smile
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
One of the things that I enjoy about magic is that there are many variations/ways to get to the same destination, so although I might not be able to do every technique in the book I have more than enough tools to get me by and I'm sure it's the same for many others Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » When practice isn't enough? (30 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL