The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » A New Low For Sankey ??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
cheeto4567
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of cheeto4567
The Magnus Capsule effect and Dvd are both great...but they don't fit everyones style.....get over it.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I can relate to Jay Sankey. I've got a twisted sense of humor as well. You guys might not like my style either. I tend to go "over the top" once in awhile, I DO ask forgiveness for that...just a quirk of my personality.

That said, I've just acquired "No Card Tricks" & "3 Ring Circus"...they are now my MOST favored. I laughed to tears over his little antics, that one about his thumb turning yellow (..."has to tinkle...") threw me on the floor! I now have a new passion for the Dollar Bill Switch (which I haven't done in years), and his brilliant thinking with the torn corner switching places is a KILLER.

If his style doesn't fit everyone, THAT'S GOOD! Some of these gems are hidden well, and the fewer people that discover them, the better, IMO! LOL! HA-ha! All 4 me! Smile

Doug
Tiki
View Profile
Loyal user
Northwest Arkansas, USA
247 Posts

Profile of Tiki
I'm with Doug on this one. I must be an idiot with bad taste because I think Sankey is brilliant.

You might not like his style or his exact presentation for a packaged product, but his ideas are inspired. Why anyone would want to clone another magician's performance, scripting or exact handling of an effect is beyond me. I have yet to be dissapointed with a Sankey purchase.

Cheers,

Tiki
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Thanks, Tiki! One more thing:

Long Live Penguin Magic! Maxwell is the GREATEST!

Doug
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2957 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Why did this turn into performing style? The original post had nothing to do with this and I think it's completely obvious that many don't enjoy each other's styles. I like jay's style, but I don't like a lot of the tricks and videos he's been releasing lately.
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
You took the words out of my mouth David Smile
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Well don't blink, but if you look on Hank Lee's hot list, you'l see that he has a new book out called "Jay sankey unleashed" or something to that effect. Sounds like old material in the book, though.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Yes. It's by a company, I did not know of. They wrote about it in a thread that had nothing to do with it.

I found it. It was in a thread I had started. Their website is http://www2.squashpublications.com:8080/
Yours,

Ivan
juggle
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of juggle
I like Jay's videos. (I have his older ones but not his newer ones, so I can't really comment on his new stuff.) I was recently able to attend one of his magic lectures. One of the audience members had a question, and Jay was extremely impolite to that person and made lots of fun of him. I didn't understand why...
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I wouldn't understand why either. That is uncalled for.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » A New Low For Sankey ??? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL