The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » A Crimp Card Slug Control (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

PaulIngram
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of PaulIngram
This is my original method for placing a crimped card above a slug during a shuffling procedure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMUxipSkm-Q&feature=youtu.be

Hope you enjoy...
Peterson
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of Peterson
Finally, some decent quality video! Although some people would scream about the real world "gambling" use, I still enjoyed it.

Thank you.

Bdw. You talk about seeing this crimp and so on... and I am pretty confident that one can easily learn to feel that kind of thing.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Why not use your little finger to crimp it out of sight?

And just curious as to what makes this an original method?

And one last thing you should be able to feel a definite difference when ruffle shuffling. Looking for the crimp seems a pretty obvious thing. Try without looking and you will be shocked at the results.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
luvisi
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of luvisi
Hi Paul,

You may find "The Vernon Multiple False-Cut" from volume one of The Vernon Chronicles interesting. It uses a similar action to simulate a running cut while actually performing a straight cut.

Andru
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
@PaulIngram:

Thanks for the recorded demo of your corner crimp/slug control.

Not to detract from what you have shown in any way, this methodology of putting in the crimp and removing it while original with you is not exclusive to you. I guaranteed others have developed the exact same methodology independently. I myself have used the method shown to take out a corner crimp.

It is very hard to come up with something "original," especially something relatively simple like this, which has not also been developed by others over the years. In fact, controlling 4 Aces as in the example shown using the corner crimp can be done with consecutive riffles shuffles moving the aces up and down in the deck as it is being shuffled thus obviating the need to do a simple straight cut. It can also be used with running cuts. In fact, Bill Malone in his demonstration of the Scarne Aces on the Hidden Secrets of Magic TV show years ago used a running cut to put the "gimmicked" card above the aces prior to the cut, although he did not use a corner crimp.

But nice demo and thanks again.
PaulIngram
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of PaulIngram
Thanks for your responses but there appears to be some confusion as to the purpose and meaning of my post. I was not claiming any originality for putting/removing the corner crimp. As everyone is well aware this info is available everywhere from Expert Card Technique through to Card College. I only mentioned my preference to the corner crimp so that I could explain why I personally think it works better for me when compared to the breather crimp. Ultimately the type of crimp you use will depend upon what you are intending to do with it.

Placing the crimp with the litter finger at the rear of the deck would then have the effect of the crimp being at the wrong corner. My video was not about how to place the crimp into the card. It was to demonstrate my method for placing the crimp above a top stock through the use of a shuffling procedure as opposed to using a cut.

Considering that both the blind shuffles used in the video demonstration are original with me and the fact that I'm using one of my shuffle sequences to place the crimp - I would have thought it obvious that this is an original method.

There are a great many ways to control a slug both through shuffles, cutting or a combination of the two. I thought it clear that this is a specific method developed by myself to place a slug above a stock during a shuffle sequence. Added to this - I'm also preserving the order for the rest of the deck which nobody seemed bothered to comment on.
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
Thanks for the video clip...I enjoyed watching.
A slick card or a card with a different finish is also useful for this kind of control.
Long Island,

New York
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Exposure
Exposure in magic refers to the practice of revealing the methods of magic tricks.
The practice is generally frowned upon amongst magicians, who believe that it ruins the experience of magical performances for audiences.
Exposure is uniquely impactful to magicians, as magic relies heavily on the elusive nature of secrets and methods in order to create mystery.
There is a rule against exposure at the Magic Café.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
PaulIngram
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of PaulIngram
Tommy - the video is unlisted on youtube and only visible to those who have the link. I would think twice in future before you accuse someone of magical exposure.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I don't see it as exposure at all. I don't see anything original either, but it certainly isn't exposure.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
This is public a forum for your information. Go and read the rules twice.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
cbharrelson
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of cbharrelson
Paul nice job. I enjoyed watching the way you handled the cards more than the trick. Us cardman enjoy seeing someone who can do sleights well all know the sleights we just may not perform them as well as others.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » A Crimp Card Slug Control (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL