The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Artifactum (67 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
ProfessorMagicJMG
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of ProfessorMagicJMG
Artifactum haunts my dreams... like portals to other worlds, they are like doors to be opened, more than just images to be viewed.
I see images; I hear strange, ancient music, of a pentatonic character.
Had to find some way to share this dream... fired up my old computer with 3D imaging software... this is as close I as I could get to what I saw, where I went...

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Clarke's 3rd Law

"Any sufficiently primitive technology can mystify a postmodern audience." - JMG's Corollary to Clarke's 3rd Law
Kynean
View Profile
New user
France
94 Posts

Profile of Kynean
Quote:
On Jul 14, 2017, ProfessorMagicJMG wrote:
Artifactum haunts my dreams... like portals to other worlds, they are like doors to be opened, more than just images to be viewed.
I see images; I hear strange, ancient music, of a pentatonic character.

Dear ProfessorMagicJMG,

It seems that we make the same dreams,
At least The Artefactum haunts me as well !
For the anecdote, I was so intrigued by its origins that I said to myself, why not ask directly the question about its origin to the Book of Doors itself ?
So I did it !
I opted for a 3 cards spread / meditation and what I discovered is above all my expectations !!!
I will share my discoveries with « the Moon Collective », but I can already say that, indeed, I heard an old song too.
In fact, I even witnessed, during this « trip », about ten harpists playing this song, in the yard of a scottish castle, with a beautiful lady singing in Gaellic … I embraced that moment with wonder !

The Book of Doors is a source of Wonder and, as Sir Francis Bacon said, Wonder is the seed of Knowledge !

The traveler
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
What are the dimensions of the artifactum cards?
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2018, John C wrote:

3" wide x 5 1/8" tall
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Thank you good sir.
TH1
View Profile
Special user
Zombies beware! I have your heads on
590 Posts

Profile of TH1
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2018, Merlinsmagic wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2018, John C wrote:

3" wide x 5 1/8" tall

You forgot its 4th dimension: the magical realms to which the doorways of the Artifactum lead!
Beware of evil spirits...and depleted batteries! Smile
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Ah yes TH1, that's why I only put width & height, it's depth has yet been obtained or fully discovered, only pondered within the tranquil enlightenment of its unfathomed abyss......😉
Kynean
View Profile
New user
France
94 Posts

Profile of Kynean
Few months ago, during one of my travel through the doorways of the Artifactum, I met Euler and Râmânujan ,the two famous mathematicians. I asked them if they knew the dimensions of the Artefactum. After they thought about it, they gave me their answer. I still not believe it !
Their answer is a beautiful and incredible formula : e^(i.π)/12 with e standing for "enlightment" and I for "imagination" !
Lord Calavera
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Lord Calavera
The Artifactum is one of the best investments in magic effects I have done so far. The book alone is probably worth the price of the whole thing, and the Homunculus in flask is definitely a masterpiece on its own. I just can't figure out yet what to do with the black and orange cards, the ones that resemble a mirror of sorts. I probably have a creative blockage or missed something in the instructions?
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1780 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
The Alchemical Artefactum Pentatonic Reading System was a .pdf that, if I recall correctly, Chris had made available to purchasers of the AA. I have used a variation of that in which one of the mirror cards is included as a possible choice, the outcome of which can be accessed through meditation by the spec. In effect, it is a call for the spectator to "look within" for the answer they are seeking already lies inside of them. If you do not have that .pdf, feel free to send me a DM and I'll have you prove you own the AA and I will send it to you.

Great to see this amazing piece of work is still living amongst some of us!

David
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Yes I love my whole set & table ! After reading this I just popped back to Christopher's Artefactum podcast & gave it a listen, wonderful words & stories by the master himself !

I use those mirror cards for spec to quietly ponder whispers of the inner verse.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
A generous offer David. Thanks for your offering to help.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
StrangeMagick
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of StrangeMagick
Yes, David,that is a very generous offer, indeed.

I'll have to re-listen to the podcast, as well.
Lord Calavera
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Lord Calavera
Quote:
On Nov 8, 2022, David Eichler wrote:
The Alchemical Artefactum Pentatonic Reading System was a .pdf that, if I recall correctly, Chris had made available to purchasers of the AA. I have used a variation of that in which one of the mirror cards is included as a possible choice, the outcome of which can be accessed through meditation by the spec. In effect, it is a call for the spectator to "look within" for the answer they are seeking already lies inside of them. If you do not have that .pdf, feel free to send me a DM and I'll have you prove you own the AA and I will send it to you.

Great to see this amazing piece of work is still living amongst some of us!

David

I agree, that is a generous offer. I DM'd you to prove ownership of the Artifactum.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Artifactum (67 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL