The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » B'Wave Help! (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jack Skipton
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of Jack Skipton
Aldo has a version on one of his DVDs. Can't quite remember which one but it's a great and ungimmicked routine.
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1268 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
Here's an idea if you want to work without any special cards. Use a Himber wallet and keep your completely real and examinable packet in it.
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
mrsmiles
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of mrsmiles
Yes, Tony van Rhree (spelling?), has a very good version with a bomber wallet & dupe cards. The Bwave in this version has intriguing Chinese style designs...
mrsmiles
(UK)
NWJay
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of NWJay
As this thread is still around and not wanting to add *another* B’wave thread on the forum, hope the OP doesn’t mind me coming in and asking for advice on another topic.

I’ve only performed it a few times and am still a magic rookie. Today for the first time the following happened and I wondered if anyone had any advice on what to say. I started as usual, saying “I want to imagine you removing two of the queens. Now tell me: did you remove the black queens or the red queens?” And, without blinking, my audience member said, “Actually, I imagined removing one of each colour.” It had never occurred to me that, having already asked the red/black question, someone would try and skirt round that! I was able to recover the situation but perhaps a little inelegantly.

Has this happened to anyone else, and if so what did you say?
SugarRayRick
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of SugarRayRick
Hi NWJay, remove the words l, "I want you to imagine removing two queens"

Replace with "I want you to pick imagine removing 'either' the two red queens or...

Quote:
On Nov 23, 2017, NWJay wrote:
As this thread is still around and not wanting to add *another* B’wave thread on the forum, hope the OP doesn’t mind me coming in and asking for advice on another topic.

I’ve only performed it a few times and am still a magic rookie. Today for the first time the following happened and I wondered if anyone had any advice on what to say. I started as usual, saying “I want to imagine you removing two of the queens. Now tell me: did you remove the black queens or the red queens?” And, without blinking, my audience member said, “Actually, I imagined removing one of each colour.” It had never occurred to me that, having already asked the red/black question, someone would try and skirt round that! I was able to recover the situation but perhaps a little inelegantly.

Has this happened to anyone else, and if so what did you say?
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
I would think the simplest solution to prevent that happening again would be to say I want you to imagine that we remove either the two black queens or the two red queens, which colour would you like me to remove ?
NWJay
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of NWJay
SugarRayRick and Warren, thank you both for your advice! Smile

Yes, having thought about it overnight I agree with both of you, from now on I’m just going to be more direct in delineating the red/black choice in my first sentence. I’ve thought it feels a bit more directly leading than what I’ve been saying up to now but one thing I’m learning is that by the time you’ve got to the end people are so flabbergasted they can’t even properly recall the process they took to getting to their selection. So while to my ear it sounds a bit blunter it doesn’t actually matter at all.
Chollet
View Profile
Regular user
Don't be fooled by the fact I only have
191 Posts

Profile of Chollet
I too have had someone ask if they could remove one of each. My presentation is along the lines of seeing if they can imagine "what I did prior to meeting this evening". So, when they ask, "Can I remove one black card and one red card?" My natural response is simply, "You could, but that's not what I did, I removed either two of the same color, what were they?"

Depends on your presentation, but with the clean choice up next, I think it's a pretty easy spot to get out of.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » B'Wave Help! (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL