The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Best youtube channels with SERIOUS content (32 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
bidbid
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of bidbid
Dude Xavior is a vlogger lol, please stop using this thread to insult others and promote your channel, you did both multiple times, in my first post I asked for channels with good content anyway so yours doesn't count.
FalseDeal
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of FalseDeal
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2017, furmanmatt wrote:
In all fairness this guy does have some good card moves. The rising sequence looks amazing. Yet it is a 14 minute video with a minute or two of magic. And most of his videos are Tutorials. So let me restate what I said-
Teaching is a crutch for wannabe magicians who cannot perform tricks for people, which is the exact job of a magician. The exception is doing a card trick or two for some randoms when you are out and about. You might want to look at this video, you definitely can learn a thing or two- https://youtu.be/1kVA4XgFNP8

Lol. You are in monotone, boring denial. I give up- the level of stupid hurts too much.
bidbid
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of bidbid
Pretty ironic since your comment is the meanest thing that has been said in the thread.
bidbid
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of bidbid
You pretty much said some of the people in this thread were better off never living to become adults so no that post isn't meaner than yours.
bidbid
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of bidbid
What is better is not degrading the conversation to insults and feelings like you and some others try to do, I did attack some people on this thread but only after they started being irrational offensive and toxic.
bidbid
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of bidbid
I think that you choose pretty arbitrarily what's a "wistful remark" and what's rudeness.
Also I love when people feel their intelligence threatened and whip out the thesaurus, while being condescending and patronizing.
bidbid
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of bidbid
Great now it looks like I'm a sociopath who talks to himself :C
XaviorSpade
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
124 Posts

Profile of XaviorSpade
How about this since I made the switch to youtube instead of everyone talking from a perspective that they know nothing about becasue you havent taken the journey how about you to me since I am a member here.
XaviorSpade
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
124 Posts

Profile of XaviorSpade
Here's the bottom line. Whether you like it or not magic on social media as a whole is a thing and if you don't want to be a part of it that is perfectly fine. However as with EVERYTHING magic and its delivery is changing. People started drama when books were being sold, then videos and then downloads. Do I do tutorials.. Absolutely. But I also credit heavily and speak to people about things. I'm a bit more then a wanna be in magic as Ray Kosby gave me personal permission to re-release Raise Rise as my own with my own touches and ideas. But what have I learned about doing magic on this platform? I've learned that most of you have NO IDEA what it really is and are mostly talking out of ego instead of seeing what it really is. Ive done lectures since starting on youtube and have had people come up to me and talk to me. Not such a big thing but when they tell you their story and tell you that they were MINS from killing them selves and they watched your video and it changed everything. Frankly I could care less what you guys have to say since most of you forgot what magic is really about. I make sure that I'm not doing anything to hurt people but instead try to inspire them to take another step. If you guys want to hide in you magic clubs and wonder why there are no new members think about it. What are you doing to inspire people to get into magic, what are any of you doing in this new social media driven world to inspire anyone? Absolutely nothing. Are there people who are legends? Yes. Should people know about them? Yes. But are you going to tell them? NO so I will and I will do it my way since no one is doing anything to help with that. Magic is bigger than any of you and its sure as hell bigger than me. Is most magic on youtube crap? Yes but at least I'm trying to do something about it. So how about this. Look at the people who are on youtube and look at the accessibility of everything you're talking about. Most of the people haven't even heard of anything you're saying. What are you doing to teach them? If any one thinks they can do better either help give ideas, do it better yourself or get out of the way. Better yet stay here and complain to eachother cuz that will definitely make things better. Happy New year to all And if you're at magifest this year come talk to me let's have a discussion instead of sitting in front of the keyboard being angry.
XaviorSpade
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
124 Posts

Profile of XaviorSpade
Quote:
Quote:
On Jul 4, 2017, FalseDeal wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 4, 2017, furmanmatt wrote:
Anyone "teaching" on YouTube is exposing. YouTube is a public forum where anybody and everybody can learn the secrets. Teaching is a crutch for wannabe magicians who cannot perform tricks for people, which is the exact job of a magician.

Nowadays all you need to do to be a "magician" is to subscribe to one of these "wannabe magicians."

Man, are things screwed up!!!

So Xavior Spade is a wannabe magician who cannot perform tricks for people?! You're an NYC guy and you're saying this?!

Yes

Lets be clear about something Im no wanna be and if you want to talk about it since we live in the same city AND HAVE THE SAME FRIENDS we can easily meet up and discuss it. Hot trick comming your way don't wanna miss it. HAHAHAH
MasterGrip
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of MasterGrip
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2018, XaviorSpade wrote:
Here's the bottom line. Whether you like it or not magic on social media as a whole is a thing and if you don't want to be a part of it that is perfectly fine. However as with EVERYTHING magic and its delivery is changing. People started drama when books were being sold, then videos and then downloads. Do I do tutorials.. Absolutely. But I also credit heavily and speak to people about things. I'm a bit more then a wanna be in magic as Ray Kosby gave me personal permission to re-release Raise Rise as my own with my own touches and ideas. But what have I learned about doing magic on this platform? I've learned that most of you have NO IDEA what it really is and are mostly talking out of ego instead of seeing what it really is. Ive done lectures since starting on youtube and have had people come up to me and talk to me. Not such a big thing but when they tell you their story and tell you that they were MINS from killing them selves and they watched your video and it changed everything. Frankly I could care less what you guys have to say since most of you forgot what magic is really about. I make sure that I'm not doing anything to hurt people but instead try to inspire them to take another step. If you guys want to hide in you magic clubs and wonder why there are no new members think about it. What are you doing to inspire people to get into magic, what are any of you doing in this new social media driven world to inspire anyone? Absolutely nothing. Are there people who are legends? Yes. Should people know about them? Yes. But are you going to tell them? NO so I will and I will do it my way since no one is doing anything to help with that. Magic is bigger than any of you and its sure as hell bigger than me. Is most magic on youtube crap? Yes but at least I'm trying to do something about it. So how about this. Look at the people who are on youtube and look at the accessibility of everything you're talking about. Most of the people haven't even heard of anything you're saying. What are you doing to teach them? If any one thinks they can do better either help give ideas, do it better yourself or get out of the way. Better yet stay here and complain to eachother cuz that will definitely make things better. Happy New year to all And if you're at magifest this year come talk to me let's have a discussion instead of sitting in front of the keyboard being angry.

The rising tide raises all boats man. The old school mentality is dying out and being dragged into the new age of information, but it's doing so kicking and screaming. There's a huge difference between exposure and teaching. The fact that anyone can find your videos in a sea of other videos makes it no different to a library. If someone does find your videos and it encourages them to think like you, or Tony, or anyone else who THINKS about what they're doing, then magic will be better for it. Keep up the good work.
MontrealMagic
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of MontrealMagic
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2018, XaviorSpade wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
On Jul 4, 2017, FalseDeal wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 4, 2017, furmanmatt wrote:
Anyone "teaching" on YouTube is exposing. YouTube is a public forum where anybody and everybody can learn the secrets. Teaching is a crutch for wannabe magicians who cannot perform tricks for people, which is the exact job of a magician.

Nowadays all you need to do to be a "magician" is to subscribe to one of these "wannabe magicians."

Man, are things screwed up!!!

So Xavior Spade is a wannabe magician who cannot perform tricks for people?! You're an NYC guy and you're saying this?!

Yes

Lets be clear about something Im no wanna be and if you want to talk about it since we live in the same city AND HAVE THE SAME FRIENDS we can easily meet up and discuss it. Hot trick comming your way don't wanna miss it. HAHAHAH

"hot trick",...teheheheheheheheheheheheheheh
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Good thread. I'll have to check these out.
Kong
View Profile
Regular user
Cymru
149 Posts

Profile of Kong
I don't tend to follow the YouTube magic scene but have picked up a few things from there:

I recently started exploring Daniel Madison's channel and I have to say I'm impressed. As far as I know, he only exposes his own material and methods aside, his videos are very detailed and thorough and cover so many aspects of the performance.

I also enjoy Matthew Furman's YouTube channel. He uploads a lot of his performances there and links to his website for methods. I recently learn't Card Warp from there, an effect that's fascinated me for a while.

I've also picked a lot of invaluable info on the pass from Xaviour Spade's channel, and I enjoy Alex Pandrea's content too.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Best youtube channels with SERIOUS content (32 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL