The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Greetings from Sicily (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NinoL
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of NinoL
Hi guys, hello from Sicily and soon, Lake Como!

I've returned to magic after a decade of Royal Road and a couple of dozen decks of Bicycles sitting in a box in my flat after work and life got in the way.

Now I've earned some time to relax and have dived right back into it. My how things have changed! I missed the entire trend of cardistry and the new big boys in magic appear to be Penguin, Theory 11 and Ellusionist (cue everyone's chance to correct me!) plus live streaming and instant downloads have made purchasing new ideas quick and easy.

On the flipside youtube is packed with spoilers and half arsed videos and yet... I feel magic has adapted and evolved to embrace all these changes and I feel really excited to be bitten by the bug again.

In a world where nothing is secret or shocking (thanks to technology) magic is more relevant than ever for genuinely surprising people.

Love it - this time I'm not going anywhere.

See you on the boards!
Boomer
View Profile
Special user
Prosper, TX
668 Posts

Profile of Boomer
Great post, thanks for putting things in perspective.

Welcome to TMC.

Dave
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3661 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome NinoL,

And welcome back to Magic.

Yep, lots of changes but Magic, done live, up close and well, will still get an amazing reaction.

Have fun!

-Mary Mowder
NinoL
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of NinoL
Quote:
On Jun 27, 2017, Mary Mowder wrote:
Welcome NinoL,

And welcome back to Magic.

Yep, lots of changes but Magic, done live, up close and well, will still get an amazing reaction.

Have fun!

-Mary Mowder

I think that's the key - close up magic is still really powerful when done well. People are so sceptical nowadays but if it's happening right in front of their eyes it's really special Smile
Joseph Greco
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
4 Posts

Profile of Joseph Greco
Ciao, welcome back!
Joseph Greco
Filmmaker & Magician
www.JoeGreco.com
Member of the Directors Guild of America
Member of The Magic Castle
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Greetings from Sicily (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL