The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Serious style of magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

asif
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of asif
Hello friends, I must say that it's the serious style of magic which got my attention from the time I was introduced to magic. The performances of Cyril, DMC, Lucas, they all inspires me a lot. I have been studying about their presentation styles deeply recently. So I would like to hear from my friends here, what makes a magic performance a serious mystic one. Like what all elements constitutes that mystery.
Sorry if this post is not meant to be in this section.
asif
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of asif
I'm asking for the elements here because the three of the above mentioned magicians have their own unique style. But they all create that mystery in our mind, so there's something common in their presentations as well as something unique. I would like to know what it is.
jstreiff
View Profile
Special user
701 Posts

Profile of jstreiff
If I understand it, this question is actually about performance in general more than magic specifically.

I would suggest that it requires a process on your part as a performer.

Study acting to learn how an actor portrays emotions and states of mind; how they convey their characters' inner states.

There is no silver bullet, there is no 'trick' per se. You can achieve this only through self-introspection.
John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Serious style of magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL