The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Are you Using a Chatbot for Your Business? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

eatonmagic
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, FL
737 Posts

Profile of eatonmagic
Hey guys! I know it's been awhile since I posted anything but I wanted to chime in here and give you all an update on a fantastic new system I have been learning and implementing into my client's businesses.

For those that don't know me, I am a magician but also own and run a digital marketing company and help business owners with lead generation and help them build their online assets such as websites, sales funnels and social media marketing.

This platform I will be discussing today is called a Chatbot and, while not BRAND new, they have not really been see by a lot of people in traditional B2B marketing.

Essentially, this is a tool used with Facebook Messenger to help you open a dialogue with a prospective client within the Messenger platform! And the best part is that it's all handled with automation sequences!

Hope you enjoy the video Smile

https://youtu.be/ddXzkWVeU1Q
WDavis
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of WDavis
Eatonmagic,

this sounds like an advanced form of ELIZA, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ELIZA.

I'm not opposed to chatbot systems, but I've never seen one functionally work better than a "conversational" FAQ or handle basic inquiries on accounts.

What I liked on your proposal was the ability to take over at any time, but that would leave me having to monitor the conversation or be able to pick up at a moments notice. Unless I'm mistaken, doesn't this sort of place is subordinate to the machine? What would happen in the event I couldn't take over? Does it then turn to a default, "a representative will follow up with you shortly" variant?

I can see value with the bot, and with various industries, but I don't see how it adds too much value in a b2b framework. For example, I operate and own many b2b businesses as well: a management consulting firm, a janitorial company and a P/E firm and an e-tailer. For the product based or commoditized service, I can see the value of a purchaser inquiry with automated responses. But for a service based B2b, I don't see too much value when the product needs to be tailored to handle specific events.

Let me explain why I believe so, and it may be a misunderstanding of your application. For example, Robert smith and I had a disagreement on Facebook marketing. In the end we had similar views but the way we spoke about it was different leading to a misunderstanding.

I believe within the b2b marketplace with service based offerings, where you enter the buyer matters. In my experience, online researchers are rarely the buyer in B2B. I found if I enter thru the economic buyer my work and demands are more readily accepted versus if I am brought in from an intern or analyst in marketing or HR. Additionally, most hr/marketing employees are filling out a sheet and fully don't understand the overall vision,plan, purpose of the economic buyers event.

So how would a chatbot based system add value to someone like me, who offers tailored services?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Are you Using a Chatbot for Your Business? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL