The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Cant reset my password (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

James F
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
1096 Posts

Profile of James F
Hello,

I just got a new phone and I want to log in on it. I am currently on my laptop. A while back I reset my password and the Café gave me a random generated one. I don't know it and it got deleted from my email. However, when I click on "forgot password" and enter in my username and email, it says the email and usernames do not match. I only use 2 emails and have only ever used these 2 while at the Café. I reset my password not very long ago and I know I used one of these 2 emails as I have had the same ones for over a decade. I have no idea why it is saying the email and username do not match. What can I do to reset my password?
James F
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
1096 Posts

Profile of James F
So I went to "forgot username" just for kicks and enter d in my email, to which it happily sent me my username which I already knew. This told me that my email was correct. I finally figured it out. The first letter was being capitalized so the Café didn't recognize it. Which, of course, is absolutely stupid because capitalization has no effect on emails. But anyway, I'm logged in. *sigh*
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Quote:
On Aug 1, 2017, James F wrote:
The first letter was being capitalized so the Café didn't recognize it. Which, of course, is absolutely stupid because capitalization has no effect on emails. But anyway, I'm logged in. *sigh*

James, it's not stupid. We have 65,000 members on the Café and many names and emails are very similar. Monitoring the capitalization insures we are dealing with the correct person. I'm glad you were able to figure out the problem however.
Where the magic begins
James F
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
1096 Posts

Profile of James F
But "Jrfjrf19861986@gmail.com" and "jrfjrf19861986@gmail.com" are literally identical emails. That's what I mean when I say it's stupid.
James F
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
1096 Posts

Profile of James F
But anyway, it's all good now.
Doug Trouten
View Profile
Elite user
Minnesota
471 Posts

Profile of Doug Trouten
Some systems are case-sensitive, some are not. Both approaches have advantages.
It's still magic even if you know how it's done.
Terry Pratchett
James F
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
1096 Posts

Profile of James F
I can't think of an advantage but I know absolutely nothing about running a site like this. I will take the words of people who know far more about this kind of thing than me and say ok. It's really not a big deal as I resolved the issue. Thanks guys.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Cant reset my password (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL