The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Dove Magicians (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bradacal
View Profile
Special user
591 Posts

Profile of Bradacal
Hi there,

I am new on this, and new in dove magic. I have instructional videos. (Tony Clark) but I am looking for more ways of presentation so I guess what I am trying to say is does anyone know of any magicians who have there act online that I can see, something I can get a demo of or download, an actual performance I guess it would be. Any help would be great.

Thanks.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I do not know of any acts on line. The only place you could catch part of an act is in some of the conventions tapes offered. But these are just small clips of part of an act.

You must attend magic conventions and see them in action. But then there is no guarantee that they have booked such an act.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Zaam101, there are many instructional videos on the market for dove workers. You already have some of the best with Tony Clark. Heres' a few more that are great in my opinion.

General Grant, How to make a living Stealing..Doves of course

Ice McDonald, I dove you truely

Amos Levkovitch, Just do it

Andy Amyx, Doves 101

Shimada

There are many more but these would get you started.
Where the magic begins
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Dave,

Zaam101 was asking for complete acts on the web for download. Not more instructional video for methods as I read his post. I think he wants to know how a dove act looks all put together.

The only act that is available is Channing Pollack on the movie "Arabian Nights". Steven Magic sells this movie.

He was the 1st most successful dove act in the world in the early 1960's.
xxxRoyxxx
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of xxxRoyxxx
Dan Birchs' routine is available on his site...
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
Channing Pollock was an amazing performer, from the clips I have seen. He is certainly an inspirational character to magicians, but it's important not to copy his act. Be inspired by it, then go on to create sequences that fit you. Then you stream the sequences together, make them flow and you have a structure for an act.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Wmhegbli, I read Zaam101's post and interpreted it exactly the same as you. That's why I suggested the videos I did.

The General Grant, Shimada, and Amos Levkovitch tapes show their entire act first and then go into instruction so they provide exactly what he has asked for.

Another good presentational video is by Victor and Diamond "Secrets" He performs his act first and then goes into intructions.
Where the magic begins
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Dave,

Thanks for setting me straight. I did not know they included their complete acts.
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
I agree with Dave, Amos' videos, Andy's video, Shimada's video. Great choices.

sperris
DANSPERRY.COM
bry1513
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of bry1513
And don't forget Dan Sperry's dove video which I own and is great.

Take care, Bry
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
That I know of go to http://www.danbirch.com
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
Quote:
On 2004-04-12 13:10, bry1513 wrote:
And don't forget Dan Sperry's dove video which I own and is great.

Take care, Bry

Whooo! Rawk on! I'm coming out with a "director's cut" soon, most likely the end of the month. It's gonna be shorter and less of me talking and talking because it got too much like lecture. Thanks man!

sperris
DANSPERRY.COM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Dove Magicians (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL