The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Focus? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tetkom4
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Tetkom4
I'm semi new at magic, and I have gained a decent amount of card tricks. I was wondering is it best to balance yourself or to just focus on the cards? I am interested in dabbling in coin and mental magic. I just feel that even though I have a fairly solid routine in cards that I am still inadequate. I dunno. Any advice is appreciated
You think that trick was good? you should see what i can do with my...............
SOHartist
View Profile
Loyal user
Ft. Myers, Florida
211 Posts

Profile of SOHartist
I'd say expand your knowledge in the different areas of magic. I mean cards are great and all, but they can get a lil' tiring after awhile to your specs....at least if your performing for the same ones alot. trust me, I know. I'd be doing card tricks and they would ask me if I can do anything else...then I'd get all uneasy because I'm not that great with coins, or in mentalism, or misc. stuff. plus, I think if you can branch out and do a little of everything you'll feel more like a real magician. I mean, think about it, if you ever saw a "real" magician doing magic, he would make things float, read minds, heal the torn and broken, etc.

just my 2 cents,
Michael
Caspar
View Profile
Veteran user
Tacoma
316 Posts

Profile of Caspar
I started magic about six months ago and started to feel this way too. I still carry a deck with me wherever I go but just by reading through the different forums here you can start getting a feel for what you would like to do next.

There are also a few books out there that are relatively cheap that you could read to get familiar with different types of magic. Mark Wilson's Complete course in magic readily comes to mind. Dover publishing also produces a nice little list of books that usually go for about $10 -$12 a piece
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Focus? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL