The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » The Tokyo Tower (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

1Show4U
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of 1Show4U
Hello Magic Gang!!!! Matthew from Lakewood, California here!!! I am working on breaking into the act by the end of 2017!!! I am 45 and have started out with the acts 3 months ago. I have built all of my props!!! I have performed 2 shows and with the last one being a failure!!! Hahahahah I am back to the drawing board and building what I have titled as the Tokyo Tower. Check out my graphics for it. Also, you will find a couple images of my built props with this intro. If you need any assistance in graphics and prop construction, write me and we will see what happens!!!

Click here to view attached image.
It's Entertaining!
1Show4U
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of 1Show4U
It's Entertaining!
1Show4U
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of 1Show4U
It's Entertaining!
1Show4U
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of 1Show4U
It's Entertaining!
1Show4U
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of 1Show4U
Disappearing and Reappearing Assistance Box/Cart

It's Entertaining!
1Show4U
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of 1Show4U
My current Build....

It's Entertaining!
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome 1show4U,

Be sure and check out "The Work Shop" in the "Special Interest" section for advice on light and strong building materials and such.

...And read Dick Oslund's posts to see how to avoid carrying all that stuff. LOL (But really DO check them out.)

You'll probably enjoy "The Little Darlings" forum which also deals with Family Entertainers.

Best of Luck with your new endeavor.

-Mary Mowder
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Sorry I failed to mention how beautiful your props are.

Clean lines and classic colors.

-Mary
1Show4U
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of 1Show4U
Thanks for the suggestion Mary, I will check out the Work Shop, Special Interest and the Little Darlings .

Matthew
It's Entertaining!
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Pretty boxes! Yes! But pretty boxes do not a show make! (As you found out on your second "attempt".

At Abbott's Get Together about 25 years ago, the late Recil Bordner (owner of Abbott's) learned THAT, when he booked an unknown "magician", who had bought a SEMI TRUCK LOAD of pretty boxes, from Abbott's. The "magician", apparently had an unlimited budget, but THAT didn't help!

It aint WHAT ya do, it's HOW ya do it!

PS. That "Disappearing & ReAppearing 'Assistance' Box Cage" is called a Jam Box. It's meant to be a PRODUCTION.!

If you really want to be a performing magician, I suggest that you STUDY Tarbell.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
1Show4U
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of 1Show4U
Hi there Oslund... I perform for my son's big 15 and my daughters 14. The Jam Box huh?... My son perform that box act as the finale and it turned out well. I made my version of a very large stratosphere tower that had a hang up.... Let me take a photo of that and see what you interest is...

The production boxes turned out well...my performance failure entail little practice with the Umbrella and Fan production. I incorporated those 2 acts into the performance. The parasol does take much practice to be fluent in production.

After 2 shows, I believe I have it down to what will work and keep the audience's interest. After I build my Towers, practice, and perform, we will see where the performance stands.... The Jam box is not a prop that is easily mobile and I will not take it on the road.

Matthew
It's Entertaining!
gimpy2
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of gimpy2
1Show4U,

As Mary said, Check out the workshop. Its my favorite section on the Café. Tons of talent in there. Its a great place for all levels of magic builders of any type. Its a place to share your strengths and strengthen your weak areas in magic building. Look forward to seeing you there.

Gimpy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » The Tokyo Tower (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL