The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello Diners (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DrBrewhaha
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of DrBrewhaha
Hi.

My story: I'm involved with Boy Scouts. At the firesides I often see someone doing a skit with a yellow banana/bandana. They do this skit but there is no magic, just humiliation for the banana/yellow bandana holder. It was funny but seemed to be missing something. So time went by and I was asked to do a skit at a fireside so I went to the internet to find the yellow bandana scout skit on YouTube. But, lo and behold, I found the very, very funny magical yellow bandana trick. I loved it. It added an absolute magical boom, and a great storyline, to the previously confusing and anticlimactic scout skit. So I learned how to do it. Since then I have done it for various community groups about 5 times - and I'm losing enthusiasm and possible unknowing audience members. So I start searching to find another humorous and simple magic trick to do when I am invited back.

About this time I went to a math conference and attended a talk by Francis Su on card magic and, specifically, the Gilbreath principle. The rest is a blur of books, cards, and internet searches. I'm currently stalking Max Maven and hoping he publishes his book.

From there I found Aaron Fisher and am sinking deeper and deeper into the world of (mostly) card magic.

I'm happy.
Boomer
View Profile
Special user
Prosper, TX
668 Posts

Profile of Boomer
Greetings Dr B.

You'll find a cubic ****load of stuff around here to keep your interest.

Check out Card College or Royal Road to Card Magic for something to bite your teeth into.

Dave
Livaudais
View Profile
New user
Europe
8 Posts

Profile of Livaudais
Welcome to the forum, DrBrewhaha!
Feel free to ask me about my award-winning pumpernickel recipe.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome DrBrewhaha,

Glad you have found your path.

Be sure and check out Rope Magic as well.

-Mary Mowder
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello Diners (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL