The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tommy Wonder's "Misdirection does not exist" (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TStone
View Profile
V.I.P.
Stockholm, Sweden
774 Posts

Profile of TStone

About 15 years ago, my friend Peter Rosengren and I were disillusioned with the than current Swedish magic scene. It had become more an arena for passive consumer mentality, rather than artistic explorations. To fight that, we responded by bringing in good thinkers and practitioners to do week-long hands-on workshops with few participants.

In 2002 we managed to bring Tommy Wonder to Sweden, for a one-week workshop with eight participants. Very intense schedule, from early morning to late night. As a study aid, Tommy had assembled a manuscript with some of the more advanced writing on Misdirection from his books.
Every single theory were discussed and then tried out in practice in improvised magic routines.

With the kind permission of Tommy Wonder's estate (Frank Bemelman and Dick Koornwinder), I've just released that manuscript as an ebook at Warg Magic, with some annotations by myself.

38 pages, 15 illustrations.

It can be obtained here: Misdirection does not exist
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2015 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Tom:

Thanks so much for making Wonder's thoughts in this important topic widely available.

George
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2015 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Tom:

I followed the purchase procedure on your website, paid via PayPal. I received a message from PayPal saying the purchase was completed but received the following contrasting message from your website: "your order amount is zero, We were unable to process your order, please try again."

I suspect that the problem is at the password place. I was unclear whether to enter my PayPal password, or may email my password, or to make one you for my transactions with you folks.

In any case, I resisted the invitation to "try again," lest I unwittingly buy multiple copies. I posted this request in this thread rather than to you in a personal message, in case other readers would benefit from your advice.

So, thanks for any guidelines you can give.

George Hunter
TStone
View Profile
V.I.P.
Stockholm, Sweden
774 Posts

Profile of TStone
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2017, George Hunter wrote:
Tom:

I followed the purchase procedure on your website, paid via PayPal. I received a message from PayPal saying the purchase was completed but received the following contrasting message from your website: "your order amount is zero, We were unable to process your order, please try again."

I suspect that the problem is at the password place. I was unclear whether to enter my PayPal password, or may email my password, or to make one you for my transactions with you folks.

In any case, I resisted the invitation to "try again," lest I unwittingly buy multiple copies. I posted this request in this thread rather than to you in a personal message, in case other readers would benefit from your advice.

So, thanks for any guidelines you can give.

George Hunter

Strange! I see nothing odd on this end. The purchase cleared as it should and the download link have been sent. Might it have been an accidental double-click or something?

If you haven't got any email, please check the spam folder.

-Tom
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2015 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Tom:

When I got back home, your website's email--with the connection that led to the pdf--was waiting in my inbox. The sign, which I pasted for you above, turns out to have been a fluke, I suppose. Incidentally, it printed out wonderfully, and a ten minute perusal of the article indicates that this can be a major advancement in the arts of Magic. Thanks for making it available.

George
Mychine
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Mychine
Hi Tom,

The checkout process went pretty smooth for me: Site Cart > PayPal Auth > Site Account > Confirm Order > Download

Thanks for making this available. =)
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Tom, is this different from what he wrote about misdirection in his Books of Wonder?

Thanks!

Jim
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
I would like to know that as well.
TStone
View Profile
V.I.P.
Stockholm, Sweden
774 Posts

Profile of TStone
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2017, J-Mac wrote:
Tom, is this different from what he wrote about misdirection in his Books of Wonder?

No. The contents of this manuscript cover the same ground as his books do. His discoveries and conclusions are basically unchanged. If you have the books, you don't need this.
My annotations and illustrations are not in any book though. Smile
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Thank you Tom. I didn't realize that you had annotated it.

Jim
TStone
View Profile
V.I.P.
Stockholm, Sweden
774 Posts

Profile of TStone
Quote:
On Sep 16, 2017, J-Mac wrote:
Thank you Tom. I didn't realize that you had annotated it.

Jim

I've added a foreword, annotations, photos and illustrations. Smile
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2015 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Tom did an outstanding job, and, if you don't have Wonder's books, this is a very fair price for the powerful thinking within.

George
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
I love provocative thinking in any mystery performance art endeavour, and Tommy Wonder is one of the few magicians that I truly love. I apply this concept with my personal discoveries to my Mentalism and I am happy to learn Tommy´s and Tom´s perspectives.

Thanks!
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
TStone
View Profile
V.I.P.
Stockholm, Sweden
774 Posts

Profile of TStone
Thanks! I'm currently working on another unknown manuscript by Tommy, which I hope to release at the end of this week.
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2015 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
This is a marvelous resource, worth many readings. I am not a magician so much as a locally-performing hobbyist mentalist, but I believe that the more I can internalize Tommy Wonder's wisdom, the more effective I will be.

George
BrotherJeffrey
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of BrotherJeffrey
Oh wow, thanks for making this. Will be checking it out!
Revolutionary Tools and Teaching for Coin Magicians

Have you seen Tresor?

CopelandCoins.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tommy Wonder's "Misdirection does not exist" (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL