The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Howdy from South Texas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Wandering Man
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Wandering Man
I've been lurking around for a bit, trying to peek behind the curtain. I am here because I have inadvertently ... no, intentionally piqued my granddaughter's interest in magic. I'm a semi-retired clinical/forensic psychologist. I thought I would start my retirement 6 years ago by selling my practice teaching full time at a local university. I had no idea how hard professors work and how little they get paid. Wife finally convinced me that if I was going to do this retirement thing, I need to quit teaching. So now, it's just the forensic psych stuff.

I don't intend on starting a new career, but I am interested in a new hobby. And, I want to become a resource for my granddaughter as she explores her magical side. I am having a blast. Thank you to the Magic Café for being here, and to all of the really helpful magicians who frequent this forum.

Smile
Never argue with drunks or crazy people.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome Wandering Man,

And good for you for introducing your Granddaughter to Magic. You'll both learn more if you have someone to "Pick a Card" and watch your performances and critique.

I really wish I'd started young but the important thing is to get started. You'll be surprised at how quickly your skills will add up if you are applied.

Sometimes I find that Kid's have a better understanding that the performance and the connections with the audience are most important. She may do some of the leading.

How old is she?

-Mary Mowder
Wandering Man
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Wandering Man
Mary,

She's 12.

Thanks for the encouraging words.
Never argue with drunks or crazy people.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Howdy from South Texas (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL