The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Tricks for a Table of 10 People? (25 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Lots of card stuff can be done at chest height without table
Crazy mans handcuffs as well or any rubberband routine
Rubiks cube routines
Coins across/three fly
Garret Thomas ring stuff.
Most parlour routines work just fine as well
Jambo
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Jambo
This tends to work well with lots of people watching

https://youtu.be/m6Y1fVS1B_I
Churken2
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of Churken2
For me the problems are usually more about noise than space. I like to do effects that still come across even if the noise is loud.

I've had good luck with Charming Chinese Challenge, Chop Cup and multiple selection routines.
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
If you are performing for free, I sure would not worry about making magic optimal. Just bring the best tricks you can do for close up.

on the other hand, DaveGrip., you are right. Think of parlor tricks that can play small. And close up tricks that can play bigger.
Recently an experienced pro admitted to me that he is cutting back on the size of equipment he uses. He is doing more ropes and less big box tricks.
Why? you can get the same reaction from something that packs flat versus a lot of big box effects.

Ropes, silks, TT, coins across, CSB coins, dollar bills, non-table card tricks.... oh, an effect that would play big for a table of 10? the floating table where they are seated. problem? haven't figured it out yet. hehe. But I also encourage you. I am about to go pro because I started doing free magic. I would get free meals at restaurants after doing something for the cashier. so free magic can lead to bigger things. .......
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
I was performing magic at a wedding over the weekend and whilst performing at a table soon other guests came over to see what all the commotion was as the reactions were really good.

Once I realised that the table had turned into a huge crowd I decided to perform my multiple card routine which went over extremely well so I definitely agree with Churken2 with regards to multiple card routines for large tables.
rabbitok
View Profile
New user
Sydney, Australia
52 Posts

Profile of rabbitok
CNR Rope is a fantastic effect for this size of table
One Coin routine ; 3 -fly as they are very visual
Card to Ceiling /window etc..
Metalism effects would be good too..
Jeremy Soon
View Profile
New user
Malaysia
14 Posts

Profile of Jeremy Soon
Cards routines, coin routines and rubber band routines would be good.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Aug 11, 2018, Jeremy Soon wrote:
Cards routines, coin routines and rubber band routines would be good.

I´m not sure rubber bands would be visual enough for a large table of 10,as much as I love rubber band magic I wouln´t perform it at a large table as I want the whole table to be entertained or you´ll find yourself performing for less than half the table as most just won´t be able to see whats going on.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Tricks for a Table of 10 People? (25 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL