The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CLONE -- ELLUSIONIST (40 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Since you have an hour, I think it will work out well for you.
willthegreat
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of willthegreat
Perfect, that's what I thought also. Thank you Magic KL!
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2018, Magic KL wrote:
Since you have an hour, I think it will work out well for you.

Oh no, what have you done?
markymarkmagicuk
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
299 Posts

Profile of markymarkmagicuk
Although I have come to this topic late, I will start by saying that this trick never impressed me with it's over-hyped video promo that never showed an actual live performance, which always makes me dubious! I was wondering how many buyers of this trick are still using it, and does it function as well as it did new? I asked because like most marker pens even with lids on do tend to dry out over the years!
Probably the best HONEST review of this trick was by a YouTuber called Ekaterina.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1986 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
I agree with Ekat as a working professional she tells it like it is !
keilunmagic
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of keilunmagic
My biggest concern is that they are selling refills only for pads. How about the pen? That's the most important part of the trick I'm told and I haven't found how to replace it if lost or finished...
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
If you contact support@ellusionist.com we can provide a link for replacing the marker.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
Brad Ballew
View Profile
Regular user
Nashville, TN
105 Posts

Profile of Brad Ballew
OK, I've read through this thread and even watched Ekaterina's video review and I am still interested in this, especially since it is cheaper now.

A couple of notes about Ekaterina's review:

Overall, I really liked her review and it was informative. However, she did a couple of things that reviewers do sometimes that always bother me. When she makes claims like, "It will smudge." It seems to me that it may be susceptible to smudging if not handled carefully, but it's not going to smudge no matter what. Clearly, she showed a performance where it didn't smudge, unless it was so slight that I couldn't see it. Reviewers need to be careful not to present something as an absolute if it isn't.

Also, saying that the fact that people noticed her switching from a black sharpie to a purple sharpie as a negative is a bit unfair. That's a problem with your performance and not the product. You could use a different purple sharpie for your other tricks, or if you need to be able to use a black sharpie then be creative with how you present it. It's good to keep in mind that negatives are not always universal. A negative for you might not be a negative for someone else. I really like how David from Magic Orthodoxy understands this and even says, "This is a negative for me but might not be for you."

I am tempted to try this out. I would love to hear from people who have had it for a while now what their thoughts are now. Do you still use it... like it?
danmattson
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of danmattson
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2019, Brad Ballew wrote:
I am tempted to try this out. I would love to hear from people who have had it for a while now what their thoughts are now. Do you still use it... like it?

Okay, so this is a super late reply, but here's my thoughts on it.

When I purchased it, my first pen was faulty, as it leaked out way too much ink, making it unusable.

Ellusionist offered a free replacement, and I also purchased an EXTRA 2 pens, meaning I'd have 4 total.

After those 3 arrived, I found that one worked great! And the other 2 were as useless as the first one. So Ellusionist, to their credit, refunded the cost of the 2.

That's the negative, now the positive.

This trick absolutely freaking MELTS people's brains. I like to do it to friends at BBQs/parties, especially when there's a bonfire or firepit....

First I get the card signed..

Then I either analyze their signature, or move into another quick routine.

After a while, I hand them their signed card, and tell them it's time to destroy it. This is where the fire comes into play. You can use a cigarette lighter too, but takes a long time... bicycle cards are surprisingly tough to burn!

So anyway, they can do whatever they want to destroy it. I just tell them, make sure I can NEVER recover that card. Rip it up, burn it, throw it into the ocean, eat it, whatever you want, just don't let me find it.

Then I move on to the reveal... reproducing their signed card. Many ways to do this... inside an orange, wallet, stuck on the other side of a window (if you've got a secret assistant, or you're very sneaky).... or even reach into the fire quickly and recover their signed card.

I like a lot of tricks. I love a few. And this one, despite the headaches in getting one that worked, is like a 50 out of 10. Just don't let it sit on the shelf if you buy it.... put it to work, don't be afraid
e-man
View Profile
Special user
HILTON HEAD,SC
880 Posts

Profile of e-man
Im new to this post just came across it,Glad I did,I would just like to add that I had JCR "Miracle Maker" in 98 shortly after it was released,And it was Amazing,and Crushed people,I did a torn and restored card with their signature, and the torn part was total mutilation of the card and the restoration had their original Signature on it,This was done in Philadelphia at Barnes & Noble for about 40 people and they all Raved.I don't have Clone But His "Miracle Maker" was stunning.
Thank You JCR Smile
我被烹调
ERIC HELVENSTON
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CLONE -- ELLUSIONIST (40 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL