The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 2017 National NCAA Football Playoff (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic from A to Z
View Profile
Elite user
Sweet Home Alabama
479 Posts

Profile of Magic from A to Z
The next time you hear Nick Saban say or an Alabama fan say, "Who needs a committee to decide a National Playoff..." just remember a committee put Alabama into the 2017 National NCAA Football playoff.

I've said this to friends and family this whole football season, Alabama was just looking for another rematch with Clemson. They got it...

My thought is that Ohio St. should have been #4 in the playoff since they won their Conference Championship. Last time I checked the SEC Champion was between Georgia and Auburn.

I say, "Alabama wants a rematch, bring it on!!!" Go Clemson Tigers!!!!
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
I agree that Alabama doesn't belong there, and I hope that Clemson annihilates them.

However, I'm not disappointed that USC gets to play Ohio State. Let's hope that it turns out the same as their last two meetings.

Fight on!
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
As a Georgia Bulldogs fan I'm excited my boys finally made it to the playoffs this year. While I think our defense will have their hands full with the Sooners I'm pretty sure we can handle it.

And nothing would bring me greater joy then to have them play and beat Bama in the national championship (Sorry Clemson Fans) but its personal. All will be decided in January either way

GO DAWGS!!!!
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
And I agree its crazy having Bama in but its the only real logical choice from the committee's standpoint. Hard to put Ohio in with that horrendous loss at to an unranked Iowa team. Bamas only loss was to a ranked Auburn team that had just taken down #1 ranked Georgia.

This wouldn't have even been a discussion had Wisconsin won. But with that loss it was already decided.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 2017 National NCAA Football Playoff (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL