The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Moved to LA area about to try my hand Busking (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magician Shaun
View Profile
Special user
Huntington BCH, CA
924 Posts

Profile of Magician Shaun
SO, I have moved my family 2300 miles across the country and now reside in the greater LA area. I am going tomorrow to get my permit for Santa Monica. I know I can perform on Hollywood Blvd, and Venice Beach. I just worry about getting stabbed or what not over at Venice. Not sure it's where I want to start out....

Anyone have any advice? Wanna meet up and show me what's going on around here? How to stay safe and make a living showing people some amazing magic?

Anyway, Wish me luck if nothing else.....
Cleverpaws
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California
156 Posts

Profile of Cleverpaws
Hi Shaun. Welcome to California! I’m assuming your wife has a good job. Good luck and keep us posted.
Magician Shaun
View Profile
Special user
Huntington BCH, CA
924 Posts

Profile of Magician Shaun
That she does. I also have a nice "day job" but ideally my entire income would come from performing. Not performing on the street mind you, just performing. Private gigs included.

Anyway, any southern California folks around?
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
Not much advice here but I once visited Hollywood Blvd when I was trucking. When I was there only one guy was doing magic. He had a small sidewalk show going. Nothing crazY big and short. Other than that lots of costume characters. The only spots I saw that would be good for a larger show were taken up by bucket drummers and dance crews. Good luck. Let us know how it goes
Nickoli Sharpe
View Profile
Regular user
Worldwide
160 Posts

Profile of Nickoli Sharpe
If I remember there is a good farmers market in that area.

Also there is a place that is just like sea port village in San Diego.
But up where you are.
For the life of me cannot remember the name.
They pay performers and you can hat.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I will retire at 66 (2021, for those keeping track). I am tired of New England winters. I am planning on moving part and parcel to So. Cali. (probably not LA though, nearer Disneyland.)
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Moved to LA area about to try my hand Busking (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL