The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » James Bond Accessories (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gfcal
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of gfcal
I saw something the other day about an electronic PK device coming out at Blackpool and it got me thinking about high-tech gadgets I’ve purchased. Here are a few:

Kronos - This one worked well but I never chose to perform it outside of practice.
Mystery Smoke - I like the way it looks, particularly the hands-free setup, but it’s not as quiet as I want. I’m considering Steelfyre’s Smoke Screen for ease of use and noise.
Electric Touch - I was never crazy about the setup or ability to consistently make this one work. I might break it out again someday.
Spider pen - I prefer a mechanical itr, even my first large one, plus my spider pen stopped working. I’ve debated about whether to try Tarantula 2.
Raven - while not particularly high-tech, I got a lot of great use from my Raven.

What are you favorite and least favorite high-tech gadgets?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Electrics is something nice to play with, but for professional use, not many depend on electronics, why, because at some point they will fail. So you have to have a back up one as well, and constantly check it and keep it charged. Unless it uses replicable batteries they all have to be kept charged, let them drain out and the battery usually is no longer any good, and guess what, they usually cannot be replaced easily or at all. Rechargeable batteries constantly drain, even when shut off.

If you are a professional and charge money for your performances, then you need a non-electronic version of the effect as well, and be able to perform the effect without the audience knowing of any problems.

From reading your post, I see you have the exact problems with all electronic devices.
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Quote:
On Jan 15, 2018, gfcal wrote:.

What are you favorite and least favorite high-tech gadgets?

I just bought the worlds smallest Bluetooth speaker. (Amazon)
I will be using it for reveals.

For example: I record in my voice "You picked the Jack of Diamonds" on my Smartphone.
I then place the small speaker anywhere I want and play the recording from my Smartphone after the card is forced. (Assistant)
That's just an example. There are many other uses. I recorded quite a few phrases and named them so they are quick to play back.
Another example: the spectator chooses a photo (photos of known people) from 10 different pictures. I put the speaker in an empty Solo cup in another room. Then playback the name of the photo selected.
The speaker is quite loud for its' size. A ball the size of a U.S. quarter.
The Bluetooth speaker is also a remote to take pictures on your Smartphone.
It was inexpensive, less than $20.
Ihor
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
What is the name of this speaker, I would like to search Amazon for it, How loud is it would it work to play music for a closeup?
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2018, shomemagic wrote:
What is the name of this speaker, I would like to search Amazon for it, How loud is it would it work to play music for a closeup?

It's from Insig on the Amazon website.
I tried to copy & paste the link but Amazon wouldn't allow me to do that using their app.
Just go,to Amazon and search for
Worlds smallest Bluetooth speaker.
Ihor
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » James Bond Accessories (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL