The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Sommers Lights Thru Girl (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

top_illusionist
View Profile
Regular user
USA
146 Posts

Profile of top_illusionist
Who still builds the Sommers Lights Thru Girl illusion?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I did not know Jim Sommers built this illusion. All of his illusions were collapsible. He lives or lived in Chicago. Don't know if he is still alive as he never responded to any of my inquiries over the years. He only sold through Klamm's Magic, which is now defunct, and the guy who took over the business is only a scam artist web page. He has taken a few of the Café members.

So to answer your question, if your information is correct, it is, No One. Summers built his own illusions.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
I had heard that Jim Sommers still builds his line of illusions (after they were no longer available through Klamm Magic), but that he doesn't have a website. So you have to track down his phone number and reach out to him the old fashioned way.

BTW, many years ago Jim Sommers produced a print catalog of the illusions he made and sold. I owned a copy of this catalog (catalog #3, copyright 1992), and back in mid-1990s I had him build one of his collapsible sword baskets in a custom colour for me. I dealt directly with him (this was before his affiliation with Klamm Magic). At the time, his company was called Magical Innovations Inc.

The illusion you're seeking was called "Light Fantastic" (his version of Light Bulbs Through Girl).

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
top_illusionist
View Profile
Regular user
USA
146 Posts

Profile of top_illusionist
Thank you Bill and Donald.

Okay, so its really called the Light Fantastic illusion. Will look into it.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
There may be a lead to Jim Sommers' phone number & address in a post on this thread (post by David Garrity). Keep in mind it's from a few years ago.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=36

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Wish I still had his number somewhere. Jim is a very open and helpful person. I had some questions about the Light Fantastic I had bought and he was more than forthcoming with his answers to my questions. Jim mentioned that he built his illusions with materials that could easily be found in hardware stores and electronics shops, Radio Shack. This way if something broke when out on the road with the illusion it could easily be fixed.

John
Zakari Asiago
View Profile
Regular user
Panhandle of Florida
183 Posts

Profile of Zakari Asiago
Nick Toombs has one for sale currently.
I owned one for a number of years. Had great success with it.
Zakari Asiago

401 South Ave.

Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Sommers Lights Thru Girl (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL