The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » Crash! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
475 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
Hello

I'm trying to trace a magic dealer in the USA, so I guess this is as good a place as any to start.

Some years ago I purchased an effect called 'Crash'. It was a tray on which you place a glass and at your command the glass shatteres, apparently of its own accord. It was mechanically operated.

It is a great effect and has been used by me many times. I am in the process of writing my next book, 'Black Book IV' and am writing about the routine I use with this effect. I want to credit the manufacturer but have lost their details.

Can anyone help please?

I can be contacted at kh@blackhart.co.uk

Thanks

Keith Hart
Black Artefacts, manufacturer and dealer of weird, bizarre and psychic magic: www.blackhart.co.uk
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1167 Posts

Profile of Russo
Try Abbotts & Tannens
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
475 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
Hello Russo

Thanks, but neither of them.

Keith Hart
Black Artefacts, manufacturer and dealer of weird, bizarre and psychic magic: www.blackhart.co.uk
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Is what you are looking for "CRASH TRAY" by Dimenico Dante. It was sold by HOCUS POCUS.

FWIW

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
475 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
Possibly Stanyon, I've attached a picture to see if it the same as the one you are referring to.

Keith Hart

Click here to view attached image.
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Keith -

What are the physical dimensions of that? If it's 1.5" x 9" x 14" it's most likely the one.

Steve
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
475 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
Hello Stanyon

Yes that is just about the size, so I guess that its mystery solved.

Many many thanks.

Keith Hart
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
475 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
Ah! No it was NOT Hocus Pocus.

As is often the case because I had stopped trying to think about the magic dealer who supplied 'Crash', my brain carried on sorting through the information sub-consciously, and last night as I was lying in bed thinking of other things, the name of the dealer popped into my head!

Hank Lee's Magic Factory!

So this morning I googled 'Hank Lee's Magic Factory'...

I guess that I'll just credit the effect to 'A magic dealer in the USA!

Keith Hart
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » Crash! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL