The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Paradigm Shift Volumes One and Two by Michael Close (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mclose
View Profile
V.I.P.
306 Posts

Profile of mclose
After more than a decade, Michael Close has finally released his long-awaited ebooks, The Paradigm Shift Volumes One and Two. They are available now at an introductory price.

The two volumes contain over sixty chapters, more than 140,000 words, and feature groundbreaking essays that will change the way you think about your magic, beautiful sleights that will deceive both laymen and magicians, and commercial, devious routines you will enjoy performing. Included are ideas and routines from Ariel Frailich, John Carney, Simon Aronson, Bob Farmer, Michael Weber, Mick Ayres, Roy Walton, Harry Riser, Norman Beck, Jason England, Aaron Fisher, Joshua Jay, and Ton Onosaka. As with our previous ebooks, we have used text, photos, and video to provide an optimal learning experience.

Find out more here: https://tinyurl.com/yayuvdmc

Thanks,

Michael Close
thesmurfman
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of thesmurfman
Bought it the day it came out, still early into it, but great so far, wonderful detail and thinking. I enjoy the ability to link to the photos and videos for a quick visual of what something "should/can" look like.
I am one of those slow readers who let things digest, and I really like the additional thinking evolution of routines and theory that build on previous work, which I am happy to see you have throughout this process.
For example early on you get into the "4 card trick" and how over the years you learn more about the moments and what makes them work or get stronger.
Really great stuff, a great author, highly recommend this and everything else by Michael Close.
mclose
View Profile
V.I.P.
306 Posts

Profile of mclose
Thanks for the kind words.

If you haven't done so already, please feel free to post a review of the ebooks on our website.

Thanks.
Bob Farmer
View Profile
Elite user
Magic Forest
428 Posts

Profile of Bob Farmer
As anyone who knows Mike Close knows, his material is always more than first-rate, more than platinum and invaluable and timeless. I know this first hand. Mike has fooled me WITH MY OWN TRICKS on more than one occasion. He makes a habit of this. He adds some wrinkle, improves something, takes something beyond where I had it and in the result he fools me. He's been fooling me since I first met him. You can't have a better magic friend.

Mike has just published Paradigm Shift, Volumes 1 and 2, as e-books. There are here:

https://www.michaelclose.com/collections......el-close

These are fantastic productions in every way. Plus he has included several versions of some of my tricks, the ones he fooled me with.

If you do magic, you need these books--even if you never perform a single effect, you will learn a lot from the wisdom and advice on every page.
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
842 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
Here is a comprehensive review from Jamy Ian Swiss.

http://www.magicana.com/news/blog/paradigm-shift
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Brilliant.I was waiting on that.
Reminds me how Jamy Ian Swiss was the best reviewer 'Genii' ever had.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Chris Bruce
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
213 Posts

Profile of Chris Bruce
I read these through once and am now in the process of slowly going through them again to study & learn some of the material. There is a ton of solid, practical material in these, but I just wanted to say that there is an effect in there called "The Royal Tantalizer" that is absolutely killer. If you can do a bottom deal then this one, as they say, is worth the price of the book. It is in Volume 1.

I can say more if anyone would like more of a review of these, but I'll leave it at that for now.

Chris
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
842 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
These are great books.

But they are too big for me to give a useful review.

There is literally too much interesting stuff to cover.

I know that sounds like generic hype.

But that is how I feel.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Paradigm Shift Volumes One and Two by Michael Close (8 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL