The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paper Heart by Patrick Kun (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
patrickkun
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
314 Posts

Profile of patrickkun
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2018, Teddy Meagher wrote:
I love all of Patrick's stuff and while I don't have this effect yet one idea that I might play with when I get the effect is perhaps having a prediction inside the folded heart that the spectator can unfold to find either written on the bill or tucked inside. Might not be possible but thought it could be a second effect to incorporate with this.

Yes! definitely. You can do some forces with shapes and reveal it by turning the bill into an origami in their hand.

If you us $5 bill then it can be the Five of Hearts as $5 in a heart shape.

You can force some words, celebrity, message, and have them pre-written inside the heart. That you can later tell them to open the heart if they wish when they are back home. This creates a great suspension for them.

Many possibilities! let me know if you have any further question.
Patrick Kun | Modern Accessories for the Magician and Cardist
www.patrickkun.com
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Just got this and I like it a lot. Great effect to carry with you and the ladies will love it I'm sure. One of those effects that would be a great visual quickie to do for a waitress or at the coffee shop. Effects like Sharpie Quickie are good too but at the end of the day it's difficult to make them remembered as more than a puzzle but with this you get to leave them with something unique and unusual (not to mention you're handing them money so what's not to like?)

I have a question though. Not a big deal but just to clarify as the video is confusing on this matter.
Patrick says in the video that you will receive a practice gimmick made from paper and a pre-folded regular bill sized piece of paper, but no mention of a pre-made gimmick out of genuine currency. I presume that was the original intention and perhaps changed along the way to eliminate the practice paper and just include a pre-made gimmick made from genuine currency. I only received the genuine currency gimmick, no practice gimmick or paper.

Not a big deal but just curious if anyone else received just the currency gimmick or did some get the practice gimmick and practice bill along with it?
patrickkun
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
314 Posts

Profile of patrickkun
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2018, videoman wrote:
Just got this and I like it a lot. Great effect to carry with you and the ladies will love it I'm sure. One of those effects that would be a great visual quickie to do for a waitress or at the coffee shop. Effects like Sharpie Quickie are good too but at the end of the day it's difficult to make them remembered as more than a puzzle but with this you get to leave them with something unique and unusual (not to mention you're handing them money so what's not to like?)

I have a question though. Not a big deal but just to clarify as the video is confusing on this matter.
Patrick says in the video that you will receive a practice gimmick made from paper and a pre-folded regular bill sized piece of paper, but no mention of a pre-made gimmick out of genuine currency. I presume that was the original intention and perhaps changed along the way to eliminate the practice paper and just include a pre-made gimmick made from genuine currency. I only received the genuine currency gimmick, no practice gimmick or paper.

Not a big deal but just curious if anyone else received just the currency gimmick or did some get the practice gimmick and practice bill along with it?

Yes originally Paper heart was only sold during my lecture and now as a public release, I decided to include a pre-med gimmick so you can perform right away. Make it much easy for everyone. Hope you like it. Thanks.
www.patrickkun.com
Calvin826
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Just got this today, it's fantastic.

Maybe I'm a bit dense, but I wasn't sure what to expect based on the ad copy and the info on this thread. I thought you would get an origami heart and instructions for a fingertip spellbound-type move to do the change.

This is much more clever. As Patrick mentioned, there is a switch involved, but not at the time of the change. Without giving too much away, here's how it will play out in the eyes of the spectator...

1. Take a bill out of your wallet.
2. Let them examine the bill.
3. Openly, cleanly, fold the bill into a square.
4. Holding the square at the fingertips, you can show the hands clearly, definitely, 100% EMPTY (other than the square bill).
5. Slightest wave of the hand and the bill is transformed. Again, hands otherwise EMPTY.
6. Spectator is allowed to briefly examine the heart. Heart can then be taken back and handed to another spec to examine/keep.

Great effect, glad I picked this up.
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
Hi Patrick, really want to purchase this, but am in UK and don't want to wait for delivery!
If I buy, is there a link for the instructions online? I'm not bothered about receiving the 1 dollar bill gimmick as it isn't my currency anyway...
iNFiNiTi | The Red Pill Magician | SHOCK NOT IMPRESS
patrickkun
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
314 Posts

Profile of patrickkun
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2018, magicmarkworldwide2 wrote:
Hi Patrick, really want to purchase this, but am in UK and don't want to wait for delivery!
If I buy, is there a link for the instructions online? I'm not bothered about receiving the 1 dollar bill gimmick as it isn't my currency anyway...

Hello,

If you would like to just give the streaming video only without the gimmick for shipping. Please PM me. Thanks Smile
www.patrickkun.com
patrickkun
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
314 Posts

Profile of patrickkun
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2018, Calvin826 wrote:
Just got this today, it's fantastic.

Maybe I'm a bit dense, but I wasn't sure what to expect based on the ad copy and the info on this thread. I thought you would get an origami heart and instructions for a fingertip spellbound-type move to do the change.

This is much more clever. As Patrick mentioned, there is a switch involved, but not at the time of the change. Without giving too much away, here's how it will play out in the eyes of the spectator...

1. Take a bill out of your wallet.
2. Let them examine the bill.
3. Openly, cleanly, fold the bill into a square.
4. Holding the square at the fingertips, you can show the hands clearly, definitely, 100% EMPTY (other than the square bill).
5. Slightest wave of the hand and the bill is transformed. Again, hands otherwise EMPTY.
6. Spectator is allowed to briefly examine the heart. Heart can then be taken back and handed to another spec to examine/keep.

Great effect, glad I picked this up.

Thank you for your review. Glad you like it. It's one of those effect that justified better when you get to try out the trick in person. Thank you.
www.patrickkun.com
mikemago
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of mikemago
I already have it. I can tell you is amazing! It comes ready to go. What a great job!!! You will love it.
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Just received it. Will be fun using this!

Teaching was great. Video quality was excellent. The packaging in the teaching video is different than what's received, but it won't make a difference in learning, setting up, or performing this effect.

A few things that would've made this even better: 1. Wish they would've shown some live performances. 2. Wish gimmicked dollar bill was a real dollar bill instead of a photocopy. But I don't think this will affect the performance. Plus you can always remake the gimmick with a real dollar bill - but it's just a hassle. 3. Wish they would've included a few of the extra something so that you wouldn't have to destroy the gimmick to make a new one. 4. Wish Patrick would've gone into a little more detail on the handling of handing out the heart bill as a souvenir. He quickly glossed over the move - which is not difficult, but more teaching in this area would've been extremely helpful.
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
Hi Patrick, PMd you!
Thanks!
iNFiNiTi | The Red Pill Magician | SHOCK NOT IMPRESS
rkp
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of rkp
Received this from Patrick's site and am very happy with my purchase. Patrick explains the effect and its construction extremely well. I definitely will attempt at making a backup gimmick (one is supplied) so there will be some arts and crafts involved in this. The effect is very easy to perform and if you like the trailer, you will be happy with what you receive in the package. Highly Recommended.
mike26
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of mike26
Good one Patrick
patrickkun
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
314 Posts

Profile of patrickkun
Another good idea to try is to use the Digital Force App by Nicholas Einhorn (Available on the App store) to force the Heart origami shape. The list can be about the top 100 origami shape. They name a number, it then forces them to pick Heart. Then you perform Paperheart to change the bill into their thought of origami.

Give a try!
www.patrickkun.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paper Heart by Patrick Kun (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL