The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cups & Balls (Help identifying an effect). (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

GreenEggs
View Profile
New user
Why have I got
65 Posts

Profile of GreenEggs
Hi!

Is there a routine that someone can point me to?

I was told (10 years ago) that there was a routine with 3 cups and the cup on the leftINLY produced a white ball, the middle cup only produced a red ball and the right cup only produced a blue ball. Even the final loads matched this pattern.

I’m ASSIMING that this is in a book?

Thanks,
Sam
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Search Kwent Gunn on you tube
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
GreenEggs
View Profile
New user
Why have I got
65 Posts

Profile of GreenEggs
Thank You, Mr. Brio! After watching at the video. I think I’m going to work on a much simpler routine for me. Plus, I perform mostly for laypeople that (I think) would be just as impressed with a more common routine that I will make my own.

Sam
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Rachael Colombini can be seen performing the old Supreme Magic version using colored tissue paper as balls on Youtube. Probably not what you’re looking for but gives you something to help get the old mental juices flowing.

. https://youtu.be/_g4Fjm4aGnU
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
malaki
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of malaki
Making sure that a colored ball(s) ends up under a certain cup(s) during a routine is possible, but requires careful choreography of the routine.
In my new C&B act, three, 2" balls appear, one under each cup. One is copper, one silver and one gold. I wanted to make sure that they appeared in that order to coincide with my script. It is one more thing to keep track of, but if that is the effect for which you strive, it is worth the effort. Once I had figured out the proper starting placement of the props, I created a reset guide on the bottom of my script so that I could make sure that everything would be where it needed to be from the start. Now it is a very fast reset, without the worry of misplaced props.

“My philosophy is that worrying means you suffer twice.”
― J.K. Rowling, Fantastic Beasts
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Aldo also has a colored ball C&B routine.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cups & Balls (Help identifying an effect). (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL