The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Getting Initial Performing Experience & Stage Time & Tips For Great Performances (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
As someone who doesn't typically visit this section too often, I have been a full-time performer for over 40 years, an entertainment agent and owner of three different agencies, a producer and promoter of magic and live events, and am mostly known here as a entertainer/entertainment business coach, consultant and trainer. While I specialize in material for more working professionals, several years ago after getting many, many questions, emails and PMs being constantly asked...

- Where do I go to gain initial performing experience?

- How do I get stage time as a beginning performer?

- How do I get started and get some initial performing experience in front of real audiences (not family and friends)?

- What are the things I need to know to makes these initial performance opportunities be the best they can be?

So I wrote a short book on this topic. It has been long out of print and I always get asked when I will release it again. The book was titled “Getting Initial Performing Experience & Stage Time - A Guide To Getting Your First Performance Opportunities, Open Mic Nights And Initial Bookings for Beginning Performers”.

However, there were some updates I wanted to add and include before re-releasing this again. Some changes and new opportunities have been created since the original release that I wanted to also include, so I have been working on updating this for its release.

I am happy to say I have updated and revised everything, it is current and up to date, and I have decided after many requests to combine the release of the ebook with the companion ebook “15 Tips For Successful Open Mic Performances.“ I have previously heard from many that this “15 Tips” ebook was just as important and beneficial to them as the original book itself, for most types of performers, not just those interested in Open Mics, so I am now offering both of these as a combination set.

The best news of all is they are only being released as ebooks and the combined price of the new release is less than the previous cost of just one of the books, so it is quite a value.

These releases are for new or beginning performers interested in getting their first public performance opportunities or for the current performer that is looking for additional stage time, trying to build or increase their following, or just seeking venues and opportunities to try out some new material in front of a live audience.

Getting Initial Performing Experience & Stage Time - A Guide To Getting Your First Performance Opportunities, Open Mic Nights And Initial Bookings for Beginning Performers is the completely revised and updated resource that was originally released as a simple nine-page guide for starting performers. Now it has been expanded into a full 52-page ebook that will arm new or beginning performers with the inside information they need to know to find initial performance and stage time, and how to approach these initial performance opportunities to best prepare and position themselves for great results.

Among the things you will discover in this resource:

- Learn How To Get Your First Public Performance Opportunities

- How To Create The Best Performance Opportunities For Beginning Performers

- Having The Right Mindset & Mentality

- Learn The Truths About Open Mic Nights

- What Are The Differences Between Open Mic And New Talent Nights?

- Inside Information Into Open Mics, New Talent Showcases, Comedy Clubs, Charity Events, Senior Events, Busking & More

- What New Or First-Time Performers Need To Know That Others Don’t Tell You

- How You Can Make Money As A Beginning Performer

….and much more

Plus… Resources to help you find the Open Mic Nights in your area or in many places you may travel.

2 Great Ebooks For One Great Price! For more information please visit http://entertainmentopportunities.com/openmics.html

I am confident that you will find these ebooks a great addition to your interests and efforts in these pursuits while helping to give you the advantage, confidence, and insight to offer yourself the best chance for performance success.

All my best!
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I just returned from my annual tour and while I have been gone I have been getting some great feedback from those using this material. I will try to post some of them soon. Now that I have returned all order will be processed within 24 hours once again. Thanks!
Cub Sines
View Profile
New user
Finland (Ostrobothnia)
50 Posts

Profile of Cub Sines
Will most likely buy this! I'm only a hobbyist, but I have been thinking to start making money from my hobby & would like to avoid any mistakes (or at least make fewer of them Smile )
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3515 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Thanks for posting this Mindpro. Definitely something I should be looking at getting.
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
What Wravyn said!
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Thanks guys! So much about beginning to perform is about more than just your tricks and performance materials. These two resources will help you to better understand and position yourself with these other things to give you the best opportunity to have great beginning performances.

While Open Mic Nights and New Talent Nights are covered, there are also many great ideas that can be used if you are just starting out and want to perform for kids, seniors or other types of initial performances. This information is great for magicians, mentalists, comics, jugglers, and most types of variety performers.

Most of all it will give you confidence and direction so you can ultimately focus on your performance and giving the best performance possible. For many, this has been the step to help them go from being a hobbyist or enthusiast to starting to perform for people, audiences, and profits.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Getting Initial Performing Experience & Stage Time & Tips For Great Performances (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL