The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Just Another Lurker Coming in from the Cold… (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Maclean
View Profile
New user
Denver, Colorado
6 Posts

Profile of Maclean
I’ve had my nose pressed against the Magic Café window -looking, reading, learning- for quite a while now. I guess that I should finally come inside and officially become part of the community.

I’m a 50+ year old magic enthusiast rediscovering the art after nearly a three decade absence.
My background is in the design and manufacture of gymnasium, circus and stunt equipment. So, the Workshop and Latest and Greatest forums are some of my favorite areas…

Right now my primary interest is card magic and some of the classics - chop cup, sponge balls, some coin work...

Thanks for having me and I’ll be seeing you around!
Mac
mroek
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of mroek
Welcome from another recent lurker! I share your enthusiasm for "The Workshop", as I love to create my own stuff!
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Welcome Mac. The folks in the Workshop are really nice and supportive. I used to build my own magic but no longer have the time, so I live vicariously through their projects!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome Mclean,

The Circus and stunt equipment sounds interesting. I can't believe the ingenuity of some of the equipment that Cirque du Soleil (types) and Dance troops are using now-a-days.
I can imagine you have a lot of good equipment building advice.

Glad you decided to give your poor flattened nose a rest and entered the Café.

-Mary Mowder
Wendy Wylde
View Profile
New user
Aurora, Colorado
59 Posts

Profile of Wendy Wylde
Hi Mac!

Another Denverite here! (Okay, so Littleton, actually, but that's just a little South of Denver.) Hi there!

Welcome back to magic! Isn't it nice to be home? (I came back after an absence of just over a decade, so I relate a little). Smile

Welcome!!!

Wendy
If you have ghosts, you have everything....
lnlver
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of lnlver
Welcome! I'm also an enthusiast who like to build his own tricks; most of my posts will be in the Workshop.
John Oaks
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of John Oaks
Welcome Mac! Isn't it great to get back into it!
I'm not hurting for things to do but....
Rediscovering magic reduces my stress, makes me happier and feel younger.

Now I just have to figure out a way of not doing any yard work today.....
Have a Magical Day!
------

I really didn't know how to explain it.
So I told them the truth, and they fell for it!
paulalpha
View Profile
New user
Minneapolis, MN
75 Posts

Profile of paulalpha
Welcome Mac:

I too have recently (past two years) rediscovered magic after spending a career in engineering. It is a marvelous hobby, and can hopefully lead to decent part time work.
goodingda
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of goodingda
I've been a member for about 6 years now and have recently pressed in as well. Magic Café is a great resource! I've gotten great tips and saved $$$ by reading reviews first before buying.

Can't say enough about Magic Café!

Dave
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2018, lnlver wrote:
Welcome! I'm also an enthusiast who like to build his own tricks; most of my posts will be in the Workshop.

Sorry InIver! You, nor anyone else can build TRICKS! TRICKS ONLY EXIST WHILE THEY ARE BEING PERFORMED. You CAN BUILD PROPS, which are needed to perform MANY TRICKS.

To build ANYTHING, it is necessary to understand terms, and principles!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Just Another Lurker Coming in from the Cold… (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL