The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Looking for wooden sure shot die (dice) box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cristian Vidrascu
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of Cristian Vidrascu
Does anyone know where I can find a wooden sure shot die box?
Below is a link but it's sold out, and the links provided by this seller are not helpful:
https://www.martinsmagic.com/allmagic/ut......a-magia/
I am really interested in getting one. I was doing the trick with the plastic version as an encore, when I ran out of other tricks, and it was so well received that I think I need to add a sure shot dice routine to my walk-around repertoire. I'd prefer to use a wooden one rather than a plastic one.
John Oaks
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of John Oaks
I don't know the effect. Seems like anybody with a wood lathe could make one. Might be some trial and error getting the right "dimensions."

Any local wood turners club or guild near you?
Have a Magical Day!
------

I really didn't know how to explain it.
So I told them the truth, and they fell for it!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Cristian Vidrascu, when you get 50 helping psots, you will be eligible to join the secret section and the Let's Make a Deal section of the Café. There you can post your desires for magic props, and in the Secret section you can join a topic of collectors in wood items.

John Oaks, the Sure Shot die box is a beginners magic effect of predicting the outcome of dice shaken a round box.
Cristian Vidrascu
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Hi Bill, thanks for the reply. How do I post helpful responses, and how are they tracked as helpful?
John Oaks
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of John Oaks
I checked out some you tubes of it. As a woodworker myself, I think it should be easy enough to make. Most people when they get a wood lathe go through phases of making peppermills, pens, wooden boxes and graduate to larger salad bowls and even wood vases. Scraping out smaller items like a chop cup or this prop is really not difficult.

They call them boxes, but they are round. ???
Have a Magical Day!
------

I really didn't know how to explain it.
So I told them the truth, and they fell for it!
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Cristian your post count is made somewhat automatically. The "quality" of the post might be looked at IF (big "if" there) it looks like you are simply posting to get your count higher. In general, entering a discussion and making a post that speaks to the ongoing discussion counts. Don't worry about it, focus on enjoying yourself and having fun interacting with your fellow magicians. Then almost Magically at some point another section of the Café' will open for you.

John, while boxes are normally seen as square, rectangular, or a cube, they can come in any shape. imagine an Okito box (round metal box), or a novelty box (one that is shaped like a unicorn) and you get the idea. I've never seen a square/rectangle/cube Sure-Shot Die Box. That doesn't mean that none have been made, I've just never seen one. The dozens I've seen over my short life have all been round and easily fit in the palm of the hand.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1039 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Was perusing the items in the upcoming auction of David Baldwin's magic collection and saw the below. So they do exist!

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/622......dice-box
Conus
View Profile
Special user
657 Posts

Profile of Conus
I've seen them made of leather, as well.
Cristian Vidrascu
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Wow, who would have thought that a little wooden box would sell for over $100 at an auction? It's pretty steep, I was outbid, and I have a hard time finding one. I may have to find a woodworker like someone suggested in this thread.
martinsmagic
View Profile
New user
Spicewood, TX
61 Posts

Profile of martinsmagic
Quote:
On Mar 27, 2018, Cristian Vidrascu wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find a wooden sure shot die box?
Below is a link but it's sold out, and the links provided by this seller are not helpful:
https://www.martinsmagic.com/allmagic/ut......a-magia/
I am really interested in getting one. I was doing the trick with the plastic version as an encore, when I ran out of other tricks, and it was so well received that I think I need to add a sure shot dice routine to my walk-around repertoire. I'd prefer to use a wooden one rather than a plastic one.

Hi Christian,
A better version of the Sure Shot die box is Alan Wakeling's Loaded Dice by Viking M......Workshop and they are currently in stock.
It is a beautiful box and a great effect. There are some better photos on my site here.
Martin's Magic Collection
The Largest Online Collection of Rare, Vintage, and New Magic!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Looking for wooden sure shot die (dice) box (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL