The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Kueppers coins! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On May 29, 2018, warren wrote:
Quote:
On May 28, 2018, Bridgehouse wrote:
Quote:
On May 28, 2018, warren wrote:
As I'm in the UK I've never heard of google voice calls so at least I've learned something new Smile perhaps it would be a good idea to remove the email option from his site so as to save confusion as most of us assume if you have a business email for your business that you would check the emails and reply to them.

In the end I was able to order from Todd Lassen via email so I was more than happy with my purchase but I'll take on board your advice as there aren't enough quality coin gaff makers out there unfortunately.

Did it take you long to get in touch with Todd by email? I'm tempted to get some stuff from him and start the process soon, given I know it will take quite a while..!

It took me quite a while to get in touch with Todd via various emails but it was worth the wait as his work is very good, I have a sun & moon set from him and a walking liberty [ set and both are top notch.

When possible, call Todd first - then he will look for your email amidst the spam.
CarpetShark
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of CarpetShark
As I do not own anything by Todd I really can't speak for the quality etc., BUT I do own a gorgeous set of Canadian Voyageur silver dollars with [, and it is top shelf. Yes, Roy has had a history of not responding to emails... like that matters once your purchase has been delivered. I'd put my set up against anything out there.

It's almost odd that pretty much anyone who owns a Kuepper set/coin loves to brag about it and how wonderful Roy's service is, yet we occasionally still hear how awful the latter is...
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
I've just purchased a second hand Dollar sized CSB SET made by Roy so it'll be interesting to see what the quality is like.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
I forgot to update I received my CSB set and have to say it is very well made although the copper coin in this set is a bit unusual ie it looks like a dollar size Walking Liberty coin made of copper.

That said it is a nice set and handles really well although I'm not sure if I will keep it as I usually only use dollar size coins for 3 fly type routines and the dollar size coins limit some of the usual sleights that I use but time will tell I suppose.
st3v13
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of st3v13
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2018, warren wrote:
I forgot to update I received my CSB set and have to say it is very well made although the copper coin in this set is a bit unusual ie it looks like a dollar size Walking Liberty coin made of copper.

That said it is a nice set and handles really well although I'm not sure if I will keep it as I usually only use dollar size coins for 3 fly type routines and the dollar size coins limit some of the usual sleights that I use but time will tell I suppose.

Do you have pictures? A PM would great. I'm curious about the edges
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
I could send some pictures via email but I don't really know how to post pictures on here.
st3v13
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of st3v13
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2018, warren wrote:
I could send some pictures via email but I don't really know how to post pictures on here.

Did you make any special requests?

stevekim31@gmail.com
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Jun 25, 2018, st3v13 wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2018, warren wrote:

Did you make any special requests?

stevekim31@gmail.com

I've sent the email with the pictures attached hopefully you'll find them helpful, the set is a Dollar size set and as you'll be able to see from the pictures I've sent you the coverage is very good. I didn't buy the set from Roy direct I bought them second hand off a UK magician so no I didn't make any special requests.
psylocke
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of psylocke
I'm very upset. Last night I was performing with Kuepper's CSB and the df coin just split in two. See the picture attached.

Have you ever experienced something like that. Do you have any advice about how to fix them?

Thank you

stevie c
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of stevie c
Quote:
On Jul 21, 2021, psylocke wrote:
I'm very upset. Last night I was performing with Kuepper's CSB and the df coin just split in two. See the picture attached.

Have you ever experienced something like that. Do you have any advice about how to fix them?

Thank you

This also happened to me with the silver WL set by Mark Mason. I just used a small square of super thin double stick tape to join the two back together!!!

Cheers

Steve
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
747 Posts

Profile of karnak
What do pro gaff makers use when they create double-sided coins?

Solder? Super glue?
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
webtech
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of webtech
I have a Roy Kueppers Morgan CSB set for sale in the Market Place. Hit me up if anyone is interested. This set is top notch and never used.
https://ibb.co/GMnDy5v
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Ask TWOCAN?
Super glue works but I think it's brittle and the halves could separate if dropped on a hard surface. Epoxy should work well,and solder if you've got the skills.
The best methods can result in a c/s coin that doesn't sound "dead" when you drop it on the table or when it hits other coins.

Quote:
On Jul 21, 2021, karnak wrote:
What do pro gaff makers use when they create double-sided coins?

Solder? Super glue?
stevie c
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of stevie c
I'm a fan of the 'Chinatown' concept and have made a few sets for my own use. After starting with various glues etc and finding it a little too brittle, I settled on tape. Believe it or not, it makes a gaff that is as solid as a rock, doesn't sound dead, and absolutely won't separate even if dropped. Plus if I ever want to change the insert, I can prise the two halves apart to accomplish this. Not saying it's the best way but it works really well for me. See pics below:-

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/taf2f5rmlby44......w0a?dl=0

BW

Steve
psylocke
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of psylocke
I would like to try the double sided tape solution but there is some kind of residue on both halves that I would like to remove to make the surface smooth before applying the tape. At first glance it looks like soldering material but I've tried to remove it with my soldering iron and it doesn't melt. Any suggestions?
stevie c
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of stevie c
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2021, psylocke wrote:
I would like to try the double sided tape solution but there is some kind of residue on both halves that I would like to remove to make the surface smooth before applying the tape. At first glance it looks like soldering material but I've tried to remove it with my soldering iron and it doesn't melt. Any suggestions?

Use some fairly fine sandpaper...that should work
NicholasD25
View Profile
Veteran user
382 Posts

Profile of NicholasD25
I don’t care much for the CSB sets being made with bright copper Morgan and Walker dollar sized coins. They have a cheap , fake look to them.
Much prefer the older soft sets made with interesting foreign coins or darkened replicas.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On Aug 3, 2021, psylocke wrote:

Acetone and wear gloves.
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3513 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Aug 7, 2021, Mad Jake wrote:
Quote:

Acetone and wear gloves.

Nail polish remover be strong enough?
psylocke
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of psylocke
Quote:
On Aug 7, 2021, Wravyn wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 7, 2021, Mad Jake wrote:
Quote:

Acetone and wear gloves.

Nail polish remover be strong enough?

I tried nail polish and it didn't work. Eventually I used a cheap cardboard nail file and it worked perfectly!

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Kueppers coins! (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL