The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » help on a short routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MAGICTOM
View Profile
Veteran user
Dallas, Tx
354 Posts

Profile of MAGICTOM
Hello Everyone, I am developing a routine using several different objects, just kind of a short stand up thing... I will describe the effect and those of you that have more experience please critique me honestly..Thanks

1. Start by producing a silver half from high in the air with your right hand...
2. use a spellbound and change the coin into an unlit cig...
3. shake the cig and create the illusion that the coin falls out of it onto the table
4. ask a spec to hold the cig for a moment..(ask a spec that smokes) while you retrieve a lighter from the back pocket (misdirection)
5. retrieve the coin from the table, and use a false transfer to the left hand (holding the lighter), retain the coin in classic palm and display the lighter
6. reach out and light the cig for the spec and vanish the lighter.
7. ask the spec to smoke faster and make a joke about it.. creating misdirection while you retrieve the TT from the back pocket.
8. Take the half smoked cig from the spec, and Vanish it in the TT
Take a bow...

I just thought this up a short time ago, mainly because I was invited to go shoot pool with some new friends this weekend. and wanted to entertain them without a bunch of props... (make it look impromptu) I plan on using a pool table as the "table" I would like to incorperate the use of a pool ball production, and maybe eliminate the cig part due to todays views on smoking..
if you have any comments...
wether it is too boring, too simple, too slow, or whatever, please let me know..
as well as if you have any ideas on how to incorperate a pool ball into the routine
Thanks in advance
Smile
Tom Defrange
No Man is his craft's master the first day!
J.B. Bobo
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Tom,
First of all, I think it is an excellent routine -- well designed, quick moving, and very clear.
Just one point: Don't drop stuff (i.e., the coin) on the pool table, unless you really want to tick off the owner! It is very damaging to the cloth.
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
HI,
Off the top of my head, assuming you are right handed, tuck the pool ball into the waist band of your trousers if you are wearing a jacket, if not, in your rear trouser pocket.

Pretend to notice some fluff on the pool table and perform Ben Harris's Silverdust production. (This is a way of showing both hands empty while displaying a bit of fluff and producing a coin) once you have the coin perform a series of vanishes and reproductions as per your skill level and end the segment with one where you have a coin that needs reproducing in your left hand. If you have the ball tucked into your waist band reach out to your left and produce the coin at the same time stealing the ball in your right hand. Simply use the spellbound move to transform the coin to ball.
If you have the ball in your rear pocket reach diagonally across your body to produce the coin this will put your right hand out of view next to your pocket steal and continue as above.
Phillip
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
You can get a ladies tennis ball holder at a sporting goods store. These work great for a billard ball dropper. They tuck into your waist line.
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
MAGICTOM
View Profile
Veteran user
Dallas, Tx
354 Posts

Profile of MAGICTOM
GREAT INFO!
Thanks for the advice, I went ahead and performed the routine Friday night as I described, and knocked their socks off...*L*
it got a great reaction, but of course after that I received a lot of "do another one" shouts from my new friends... I think the one that stumped them the most (to my suprise) was the coin in the bottle...
one young lady however upon inspection of the bottle, was able to get her finger in there and pull out the quarter, right in front of everyone. I thought I was cooked!
but fortunately she just said "ooohh" with a smile, and put the coin right back in *L*
I quickley took out the gaff and handed out the bottle and the coin, Laughed my A** off
watching 14 people debate on how it was done and try to get it in there, they were really thinking HARD... I will check out the tennis ball holder and give the others a try as well
Thanks again for the posts Smile
No Man is his craft's master the first day!
J.B. Bobo
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » help on a short routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL