The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » No Box by Gonçalo Gil and MacGimmick (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Hey guys,
Here is today's product announcement!

No Box revolutionizes the "Card to Impossible Location" plot. No Box is Gonçalo Gil's magnificent co-invention along with (and developed by) MacGimmick. This special gimmick will allow you to make a signed card appear anywhere, limited only by your imagination.

More info:
https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=61757

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
I’ve been carrying around a little perspex box for a while now.. In fact I’m in my 3rd one as they scratch up.. It's a love/hate thing really. So this looks like a perfect solution, allowing me to simply use a wine glass instead.. I could just do it on the hands too. Best of all.. it increased my pocket space…
The gimmick is REALLY well made and so clever, you can even do a sort of coin magic color change style routine with it! Great stuff!

MoM have it on the site now with FREE worldwide shipping here:

https://www.magicshop.co.uk/no-box

The launch date is April 23rd
Hope this helps
Dominic
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Ponta delgarda Azores
348 Posts

Profile of AceFace
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2018, Dominic Reyes wrote:
I’ve been carrying around a little perspex box for a while now.. In fact I’m in my 3rd one as they scratch up.. It's a love/hate thing really. So this looks like a perfect solution, allowing me to simply use a wine glass instead.. I could just do it on the hands too. Best of all.. it increased my pocket space…
The gimmick is REALLY well made and so clever, you can even do a sort of coin magic color change style routine with it! Great stuff!

Hope this helps
Dominic

What’s the skill level for this please Dominic?
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:

Hope this helps
Dominic

Looks great! IS the gimmick durable? If it does break or needs adjsutment, does teh video show how to make another one or to repair it?

THank you very much.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
JonathanW
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of JonathanW
God why didn't I think of this..so clever.
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1421 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Apparently, the gimmick can be easily made.
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2018, magicinsight wrote:
Quote:

Hope this helps
Dominic

Looks great! IS the gimmick durable? If it does break or needs adjsutment, does teh video show how to make another one or to repair it?

THank you very much.
Michael

Hi Michael
The gimmick is pretty durable, and you could make your own replacement once it's been worn out.

The price makes it a considered purchase, as it's expensive for what you get in the box. I think I would have pitched this around the $35 mark.. (It's very rare for me to say that, as I generally think that's up to the manufacturer and what the creator of the trick wants in return for giving up his or her secret... to me, magic's value should reflect the usefulness of the idea over the cost of the apparatus) but... the price point takes this away from being desirable as a toy..

Having said that, it's very very well made, and works like a charm, so if you use this, it's worth many times the price... If you use it enough to make it worn out, I don't think you would begrudge ordering another..
spectrahue
View Profile
Regular user
Leicestershire
161 Posts

Profile of spectrahue
It states that the cards can be examined; I assume this is at the conclusion of the effect?

It also says they can be given away
?

So can anyone clarify whether or not something has to be stolen out to give the cards away... And how much set up is required?

For 50 quid this needs to be awesome...

Solitude from Joel Dickinson seems more mysterious....and of a similar plot.

Appreciate the replies..

Nic
http://www.magentalist.droppages.com/

A.N.T , Bookworm , 50 Shades Blue, Heads I Win Positvely
Felipe Oliver
View Profile
New user
Brazil
54 Posts

Profile of Felipe Oliver
My question about the product is whether the video demo is really real.

Can I actually make the wineglass effect the same way he performs, opening and showing the "two cards" at the end? No suspicious moves and nothing in my hands to hide? Gimmick does all the service, right?
andrelopes
View Profile
New user
Portugal
10 Posts

Profile of andrelopes
Hi there

full uncut performance of the glass routine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oFXnndhgI0

hope you guys like it

thanks
MacGimmick
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Is it just me or is it super easy to see what is happening in the orig video? got an email from vanishing inc 'can you see the switch'...watched the video thought sure can...unless I am not getting something this seems way to expensive for what you get?
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Quote:
On Apr 16, 2018, Felipe Oliver wrote:
My question about the product is whether the video demo is really real.

Can I actually make the wineglass effect the same way he performs, opening and showing the "two cards" at the end? No suspicious moves and nothing in my hands to hide? Gimmick does all the service, right?

it looks to me like its possible you are left dirty in the hands
but they can look at and keep both cards
Felipe Oliver
View Profile
New user
Brazil
54 Posts

Profile of Felipe Oliver
The video has already raised my doubts about the card that is on the table.

Thanks a lot for the help Magicalos and Andrelopes !
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Friend has this...watched the videos.... I'm going to save my money...i feel like I have something very similar to this and it was like 15-20$ but I cant remember what its called
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Looked nice but I like my little boxes & Altoid tins more of mystery I think .
Felipe Oliver
View Profile
New user
Brazil
54 Posts

Profile of Felipe Oliver
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2018, Magicalos wrote:
Friend has this...watched the videos.... I'm going to save my money...i feel like I have something very similar to this and it was like 15-20$ but I cant remember what its called

So the video eliminated all the doubts I needed. You should be talking about Shin Lim's The Switch, I think No BOX should be very similar with the advantage of having already been built. In the gimmick of Shin Lim it was necessary for you to build yours.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
I can't recall the name but there was an incredible s****h of folded cards. It was put right in the fold.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
andrew124C41
View Profile
New user
Somewhere near Washington, DC
77 Posts

Profile of andrew124C41
I suspect that at least with respect to the signed card, this works on the same principle as 360 by Wayne Dobson. If so, it cannot be done without a black close up mat. I could be wrong, but that is my guess. I also wonder about being able to use any object for the reveal because it has to be able to do a certain something when you lift it up...if I am right in interpreting what I see in the video.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Obvious to a magician but not to a layman
andrelopes
View Profile
New user
Portugal
10 Posts

Profile of andrelopes
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2018, andrew124C41 wrote:
I suspect that at least with respect to the signed card, this works on the same principle as 360 by Wayne Dobson. If so, it cannot be done without a black close up mat. I could be wrong, but that is my guess. I also wonder about being able to use any object for the reveal because it has to be able to do a certain something when you lift it up...if I am right in interpreting what I see in the video.

hi there

this does not uses black art.... has you see in the trailer you can performe on concrete! there is no camera tricks in the trailer..

so you can do on your table or in any place Smile you can do without the glass.. it comes wuth different handlings!

thanks all for the support
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » No Box by Gonçalo Gil and MacGimmick (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL