The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Reel For silk thrpugh Microphone stand Question ? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Hello anyone know a reel that actually works for the effect silk through microphone stand ? already broke a few I ordered on Ebay . The key is the reel has to be fast enough to make the trick work . Michael Ammar I heard had one of the beast reels but I don't see it on his site .
thanks,
Jeffrey
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
Propdog sell one specifically for this trick
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
I used a Tannen's reel
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I don’t know the particular reel but I trust Dave at PropDog. Ammar uses an El Duco which is very nice but no longer available
craigwest
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of craigwest
+1 for Propdog
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Thanks for your response I had a Tannen's reel I just found it but it's broken . I did hear about the propdog reel I think that's the way to go just watched the video looks good !
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2018, tophatter wrote:
Thanks for your response I had a Tannen's reel I just found it but it's broken . I did hear about the propdog reel I think that's the way to go just watched the video looks good !

Tophatter , did you ever get the Propdog reel? Do you recommend it ? Is it quiet enough to use it fairly close to people (say in a living room type show where people are seated maybe only 5 feet away or further , but the people closest to your performing space are only 5 ft. away) or would you use it only on stage with some distance from the audience ?

Does anyone have tips or suggestions for adapting the retractable badge holders that are all over Amazon and eBay , and are not expensive . But these are almost always too LOUD (zip! snap!) I keep hoping to come across one of these one day that is quiet. I thought I'd ask if anyone here has discovered a specific brand of retractable badge holder that is quiet enough to be suitable for silk thru mic stand ? (or is there some trick to adapting it to dampen the sound ? )
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Reel For silk thrpugh Microphone stand Question ? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL