The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CRYSTAL CLEAR by Sumit Chhajer.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

majura1
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of majura1
I can't find any reviews on here for this product and I would like to purchase it but I have a serious problem when trick photography is used in the advertising.The youtube clip has a red silk draped through the clear tube and in a blink of an eye it vanishes.
This looks great and I thought it might be an extra effect. Luckily I didn't buy it as I would have been sorely disappointed as I watched the clip a number of times and realised that the camera was switched off--silk taken away and camera was switched on again. Very deceitful advertising, others may fall for this dirty advertising ploy and be told that it wasn't the effect therefore they can't have their money back--it was just a visual introduction to grab attention.Well lets hope this is not a trend in magic advertising and buyer beware.
I wouldn't buy this trick now on principal no matter how good it is--but it makes me suspicious that the whole thing is edited to look better than it works in reality. Dodgey trade practice Mr Chhajer --shame on you.If anyone has this and I am wrong then please prove it and I will retract this post.
majura1
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of majura1
I watched it again and it may be thread pulling the silk off to the left of the screen--his right--but it can't be done without camera angles so its still false advertising.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
As I see it in the demo vid, it looks like the silk is pulled to the right using a motorized Power Reel - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Reel-Batt......Un9aOR5e

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
As I understand the working of the prop (based on the demo video), I feel this is exorbitantly priced. More so, the prop could have been easily designed to pack flat. Just my thoughts.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
brainman
View Profile
Special user
971 Posts

Profile of brainman
Hahaa...maybe he uses my technique

https://youtu.be/PusypG-k2sQ

Best wishes,
T
majura1
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of majura1
Yes it is a reel or someone just puulling the string or even brainmans silk up the nose technique but still false advertising for an overpriced trick--I hope someone here has bought it to give it a real review.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CRYSTAL CLEAR by Sumit Chhajer.. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL