The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Recommendation for a Thumb Tip resource (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

splunge
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of splunge
Hi all! I've seen suggestions for thumb tip DVD's on the site (Encyclopedia of Thumb Tip Magic, Rules of Thumb, Paul Harris Handpicked Astonishments) and am looking for advice. I have Darwin's pamphlet 101 Tricks with a Thumb Tip which gave me cool ideas for applications but as a dilettante and dabbler, I wanted a resource to improve my handling. I'd like to switch a coin for a bent coin for example.
Any pointers anyone cares to offer or good resources that would help. As with all of us, money is an object- cheap is good!

Thanks in advance! Love the site!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I just leafed though Darwin's booklet last night, did you skip over all the material. I believe there is a coin switch shown, and a Lance Burton method for handling. Maybe you should look over the book again.

Don't need a TT to switch a coin, just use Bobo's coin pitch. There is also the moving of the TT with the left thumb repositioning, mentioned in many references.

I would recommend this video download for only $12.50.

http://llepub.com/index.php?main_page=pr......s_id=238
splunge
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of splunge
Thanks Bill for the reply.
Not sure we're talking about the same booklet- there are a few pages with drawings of some thumb tip handlings but I don't recall a coin switch. I'll double check. I think I just need some spoon feeding/hand holding (or much more likely practice!)
IS Bobo's coin pitch in Modern Coin Magic? I have the book but am daunted by its density and sheer magnitude.
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Quote:
On May 1, 2018, splunge wrote:
Thanks Bill for the reply.
Not sure we're talking about the same booklet- there are a few pages with drawings of some thumb tip handlings but I don't recall a coin switch. I'll double check. I think I just need some spoon feeding/hand holding (or much more likely practice!)
IS Bobo's coin pitch in Modern Coin Magic? I have the book but am daunted by its density and sheer magnitude.

Modern coin magic is a bible.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Splunge, read the 1st couple chapters, if I remember correctly, Goshman's switch is in the beginning few chapters on coin vanishes, and productions.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
2 days ago while looking at different magic shops I saw a double finger tip, like 2 thumb tips together, but I'm sure they were like finger tips, I cant find them now, I think I was looking at asian magic / or korean shops ????
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On May 1, 2018, splunge wrote:
Hi all! I've seen suggestions for thumb tip DVD's on the site (Encyclopedia of Thumb Tip Magic, Rules of Thumb, Paul Harris Handpicked Astonishments) and am looking for advice. I have Darwin's pamphlet 101 Tricks with a Thumb Tip which gave me cool ideas for applications but as a dilettante and dabbler, I wanted a resource to improve my handling. I'd like to switch a coin for a bent coin for example.
Any pointers anyone cares to offer or good resources that would help. As with all of us, money is an object- cheap is good!

Thanks in advance! Love the site!

I have heard nothing but good reviews on this 'fairly new' DVD by the leading manufacturer of thumbtips. http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S21806 and $25 is a fair price.

Quote:
On May 10, 2018, wally wrote:
2 days ago while looking at different magic shops I saw a double finger tip, like 2 thumb tips together, but I'm sure they were like finger tips, I cant find them now, I think I was looking at asian magic / or korean shops ????

Just google "fujiwara gimmick" there are several combinations.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On May 10, 2018, wally wrote:

I believe Stevens Magic now has them.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Recommendation for a Thumb Tip resource (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL