The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sixth Sense 3 by Hugo Shelley (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11
Adam Meier
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Adam Meier
Old tread, but the Sixth Sense is out of stock everywhere. I know about Flux, but is there any other then Flux magnet-detectors on the market?
Dr.Brown,dc
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Dr.Brown,dc
Does anyone know where to get sixth sense 3. My 2.5 quit working
Dr.Brown,dc
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Dr.Brown,dc
Or does anyone repair 2.5?
otreboR
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
398 Posts

Profile of otreboR
Hi!

Does anyone know how I can fix my Sixth Sense 3.0?

When I use the USB charger I can see the blue light of the device.
Sadly after press and hold the button, it doesn't vibrate.
Puzzlemaker
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Puzzlemaker
Maybe you turned it off? You can turn it off when you use it with your mobile.
Puzzlemaker
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Puzzlemaker
Also you have different options when you turn it on. Press the Button for a longer time you can turn the Vibration in or off.
otreboR
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
398 Posts

Profile of otreboR
I don't know how, but it's working again.

I've tried it several times over the past few months.
Different USB chargers, but it didn't help.

After reading Puzzlemakers post, I decided to try it one more time and it finally works again.
Maybe this post helps for other people who are having trouble charging their device. Don't give up. Smile
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1664 Posts

Profile of elimagic
In my experience, SS2.5 was superior to the 3.0 variant. Rock solid. Did one thing very very well.
bosami
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of bosami
Quote:
On Jan 4, 2023, otreboR wrote:
Hi!

I have just run into this exact same scenario. Blue light on - charge for hours - does not turn on or vibrate. I guess I'll keep plugging it in unless someone chimes in with a source to repair it.
...forever curious
Don Wand
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Don Wand
Question is how long have you had the unit?? Second your battery may need to be replaced. If battery needs to be replaced be very careful! It's best to let someone that knows what there doing to check the battery and possibly change it. Once again possibly a up scale watch shop. They can check the battery with there meter.. Best Wishes
bosami
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of bosami
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2023, Don Wand wrote:
Question is how long have you had the unit?? Second your battery may need to be replaced. If battery needs to be replaced be very careful! It's best to let someone that knows what there doing to check the battery and possibly change it. Once again possibly a up scale watch shop. They can check the battery with there meter.. Best Wishes

I believe I purchased the unit in 2018 - so several years. I will take it to a watch repair shop and see what they can do. Thank you!
...forever curious
Adam Meier
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Adam Meier
Mine suddenly stopped charging (no blue light). And the unit is unable to turn on. I liked the sixth sense 3 and I hope someone will make a similar product in the future.
otreboR
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
398 Posts

Profile of otreboR
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2023, bosami wrote:
Quote:
Hi!

I have just run into this exact same scenario. Blue light on - charge for hours - does not turn on or vibrate. I guess I'll keep plugging it in unless someone chimes in with a source to repair it.

Don't give up. Smile
I was working on my laptop and decided to charge the SS3 in my laptop while I was working.
During the day I sometimes pressed the button and then all of a sudden I started buzzin.
Then I made sure I turned it off again and kept charging.
Now it works fine. Maybe this helps.

I bought mine in 2018.Played with it, but hardly ever used it.
Adam Meier
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Adam Meier
That was a bit crazy. I saw your post otreb, and tried to charge the unit on my computer and it suddenly worked. I am not sure why, but maybe there was a problem with the plug or something. That was great and thank you for the advice.
bosami
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of bosami
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2023, otreboR wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2023, bosami wrote:
Quote:
Hi!

Don't give up. Smile
I was working on my laptop and decided to charge the SS3 in my laptop while I was working.
During the day I sometimes pressed the button and then all of a sudden I started buzzin.
Then I made sure I turned it off again and kept charging.
Now it works fine. Maybe this helps.

I bought mine in 2018.Played with it, but hardly ever used it.

Seems like this issue is pretty prevalent. I also tried charging with a laptop and IT WORKED. I was able to turn it on and off. However, that was Friday - I just took it out of the box and it will no longer turn on. So I think the issue the the unit's ability to HOLD a charge. Which probably still points to the internal battery.

I also looked at the battery level on the app when I was using it - it would go from fully charged to 1/4 charged after just a few vibrations. But kudos for the laptop charging tip - I'll try that again to see if I can get it back on. If it can't hold a charge for at least a few hours, it's going to be worthless.
...forever curious
otreboR
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
398 Posts

Profile of otreboR
I had the same thing.
Using the laptop to charge the device made it buzz again.
After disconnecting it, it worked for a short while and the app showed a very low battery.
Started charging it again using my laptop. After it was buzzing again, I made sure it was turned off by holding the button and feeling the long buzz.
Then I started charging it using a power plug and went to bed.
The next day I checked the device in the evening and it was fully charged.

Since my post on January 9th I've used it a few times. And it still works.
Hopefully this info helps.
Juno-How
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Juno-How
Afternoon All,

My Sixth Sense 3 recently broke and I’ve not had any luck on the support side of things. If anyone has a working one that they would be willing to sell, I would be interested. Please PM me.

Thanks
Steve
Winged_Lion
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Winged_Lion
There is one for sale on ebay right now. It says it's BRAND NEW. However, keep in mind, even if that is the case, the battery has a shelf life and decays over time. I've heard that unused lithium batteries decay faster than ones that are used. Also, the seller is asking $285 for something that is 3-5 years old and Hugo Shelley has ZERO customer service. Also, you could get Flux for $200 and Promystic's customer service is legendary! Hope this helps you!
algebraic
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of algebraic
I recently reached out to ProMystic for customer service on one of their/my items, and my issue was resolved in less than 24 hours. I needed the instructions to an item I no longer had access to.

I've owned some of their products for almost ten years and have only had very positive experiences. I also own FLUX and highly recommend it. ProMystic isn't going anywhere, and they continue to provide excellent items to the magic community.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2023, algebraic wrote:
I recently reached out to ProMystic for customer service on one of their/my items, and my issue was resolved in less than 24 hours. I needed the instructions to an item I no longer had access to.

I've owned some of their products for almost ten years and have only had very positive experiences. I also own FLUX and highly recommend it. ProMystic isn't going anywhere, and they continue to provide excellent items to the magic community.

Have to agree Hugo Shelley customer service is Crap

And Crags is the best in the business no contest
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sixth Sense 3 by Hugo Shelley (19 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL