The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » 4 Methods for the Open Prediction (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheSecretFire
View Profile
Special user
597 Posts

Profile of TheSecretFire
Hello! Here is a collection of Open Prediction methods, entitled: "Of Paradise".

Over the past several months, I've seen a few effects of this sort: a card is selected, not looked at, replaced face-down in a face-up deck, and it is then revealed to match your prediction. Unfortunately, those releases are either heavily gimmicked, or have misleading descriptions.

The methods in "Of Paradise" rely solely on sleight-of-hand:
- there are no extras to add/subtract from the deck,
- the deck can be borrowed,
- No R/S
- No SF
- No sticky stuff
- etc., etc

The methods are... unorthodox. They're not terribly difficult, though they will take some practice.

The demo can be seen here, at the bottom of the page: http://wanderingmagic.com/products/of-paradise

Best,
Tom Phoenix

P.S. For everyone in the Free Magic Series, I will add a card-at-any-number-type effect sometime tomorrow, which utilizes the Oreo Switch.
Race Blakhart
View Profile
Special user
Selma,CA
623 Posts

Profile of Race Blakhart
Thanks for the free magic series. I have really been enjoying it.
TheSecretFire
View Profile
Special user
597 Posts

Profile of TheSecretFire
Hey, you're welcome! I do enjoy giving magic methods/effects/writing out for free. Sometimes I have to sell something, to justify the amount of time I put into making the free stuff.

Tom
Race Blakhart
View Profile
Special user
Selma,CA
623 Posts

Profile of Race Blakhart
Quote:
On Jun 6, 2018, TheSecretFire wrote:
Hey, you're welcome! I do enjoy giving magic methods/effects/writing out for free. Sometimes I have to sell something, to justify the amount of time I put into making the free stuff.

Tom

Indeed! And if the stuff you sell is as good as what you give away(and I'm sure it is), it's totally worth the price tag.
Dreda
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of Dreda
Hello, do you have a good knowledge of the subject or can we expect to find open prediction already available from other authors ?

Open Prediction Project - Thomas Baxter
Thomas Bloomberg - Blomberg Laboratories
Tommaso Guglielmi
etc.
TheSecretFire
View Profile
Special user
597 Posts

Profile of TheSecretFire
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2018, Dreda wrote:
Hello, do you have a good knowledge of the subject or can we expect to find open prediction already available from other authors ?

Open Prediction Project - Thomas Baxter
Thomas Bloomberg - Blomberg Laboratories
Tommaso Guglielmi
etc.

Hi, yes, I would say that I have a good knowledge of the subject.

- One of the methods is similar in concept to the one in the Blomberg book, though the handling and cleanup are different.
- Another method utilizes the card box, which, as far as I know, has not been used in this way for the sake of an Open Prediction effect
- The third method uses an uncommon sleight, again, that I have never seen used for this type of effect - it is typically used for color changes and moving selections into desired positions.
- And the other method (used in the demo video) is another such uncommon technique, and works best with a table, though can be done in the hands if necessary.

That should cover it.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,
Tom
Dreda
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of Dreda
Hello,

Thank you for those clarifications. Bought, watched and I do not regret my purchase for 10 $. Smile
Method number 2 is a winner for me. Smile
TheSecretFire
View Profile
Special user
597 Posts

Profile of TheSecretFire
Glad you enjoyed it! I do like solid methods, and even price points.

There's a lot of this: "30 bucks for a single linguistic trick which works 90% of the time, not counting the 80% of the times you can't use it..." stuff which has been sold lately. So I like to make sure that the bulk of what I sell is at a fair price and contains variants or alternate methods to help ensure that everyone finds value in it.

Have fun with #2!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » 4 Methods for the Open Prediction (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL