The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Card Studio » » Card punches or dies (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Do you have a punch to produce the exterior dimensions of a poker sized playing card?
and/or a die/punch to produce a rectangle of the dimensions of the border on the back of a poker sized playing card?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Alex Day
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of Alex Day
Use a tuna can.
Jason Simonds
View Profile
Veteran user
Pensacola, FL
318 Posts

Profile of Jason Simonds
This is a bit of a necro, but you could look into a silhouette or a cricut to cut your card.
holdingoutflat
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of holdingoutflat
I use photograph corner rounders at 3mm
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2019, Jason Simonds wrote:
This is a bit of a necro, but you could look into a silhouette or a cricut to cut your card.

That's almost as difficult for alignment as trying to print a card on both sides. It gets interesting when you go from quarter inch tolerance of easy tools down to one thirtysecond of an inch touch for playing cards.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
boroboy
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of boroboy
Quote:
On Sep 4, 2019, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2019, Jason Simonds wrote:

That's almost as difficult for alignment as trying to print a card on both sides. It gets interesting when you go from quarter inch tolerance of easy tools down to one thirtysecond of an inch touch for playing cards.

Actually, I have a silhouette and they have a PixScan cutting mat with registration marks built in. Basically take a photo of your card sitting on the mat, open it in the software, then it's got fairly good tools to set your cut lines. I've had very good results cutting multi part stencils that require perfect registration. I haven't used playing cards, but I've found it to be good to within a few microns with thick mylar sheet - no visible gaps or overlap on the stenciling. Of course, if you don't already have a machine like that, I second @holdingoutflat's suggestion of photo corner punches. I've found good corner radius punches at craft stores in the scrapbooking areas with 50% off coupons. Much cheaper than a new vinyl cutter. Smile

Vince
Alex Day
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of Alex Day
Oh I found an ATC die by sizzix poker size. It's called ATC with corners.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Card Studio » » Card punches or dies (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL