The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Websites for Magicians? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MarkinMadison
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of MarkinMadison
There used to be a business that had different website designs specifically for magicians, that you only needed to add text, photos and video to. I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know if it - or any like it - exist? Many thanks!
Nash
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong ~ USA
1101 Posts

Profile of Nash
I teach leaders the magic of curiosity and empathetic communication. keynote Speaker | Seattle magician
MarkinMadison
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of MarkinMadison
Not that one. Anyone else? Thanks.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Just out of curiosity, why would you be interested in a cookie-cutter, fill-in the template website that many other magicians would also likely have?
MarkinMadison
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of MarkinMadison
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2018, Mindpro wrote:
Just out of curiosity, why would you be interested in a cookie-cutter, fill-in the template website that many other magicians would also likely have?

The site had about 40-50 designs that you can easily customize without web writing knowledge. So still pretty unique. Was around for years. Not sure if they went out of business.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The same question still applies.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Go to weebly.com (or a similar company like wix), pick a template that matches your style and you're done.
Couldn't be easier.
Adam Meier
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Adam Meier
Wix.com is easy to master, and your HomePage will look like a pro in no time Smile
Owen Anderson
View Profile
Loyal user
A sturdy fence needs at least
231 Posts

Profile of Owen Anderson
Older (2010-ish) episodes of The Magic Newswire podcast featured ads for Jonathan Levit's "Websites For Magicians dot com"
No longer an active business it seems.
Owen Anderson
MarkinMadison
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of MarkinMadison
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2018, Owen Anderson wrote:
Older (2010-ish) episodes of The Magic Newswire podcast featured ads for Jonathan Levit's "Websites For Magicians dot com"
No longer an active business it seems.

Thanks! That was what I was looking for.
MagiKen
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of MagiKen
I was wondering about the former www.allmagic.com website; in its old format it is gone. Vanish Magazine has an ad for what you will find at that site address now. It sells EVERYTHING on the site before (and possibly more): pdfs, audio files, lessons, tricks, theater craft, philosophy, magic videos, etc. on a large thumb drive for $89.95 plus S&H. I was wondering who Robertson is and how good the original site was before going commercial. It is that reson why I came to the Café hoping for a review by someone who use to be into that site or perhaps had purchased the thumb drive. Is it actually worth just shy of $100 delivered in the USA? It is now known as Robertson Wizard's Magic Encyclopedia.
Magic makes a difference when you care enough to make it magical
Steve Burton
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of Steve Burton
I think you mean "Robinson" not Robertson.
MikeClay
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta GA
761 Posts

Profile of MikeClay
For the love of all things marketing don't use WIX.. its JUNK.
its ok.. balloon dogs don't bite
eatonmagic
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, FL
737 Posts

Profile of eatonmagic
I own and operate a digital marketing and design business and building websites for entertainers is actually my niche area.

I'd be happy to discuss any questions you might have Smile
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On Aug 24, 2018, eatonmagic wrote:
I own and operate a digital marketing and design business and building websites for entertainers is actually my niche area.

I'd be happy to discuss any questions you might have Smile

If anyone would like a review let me know.
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Living in Perth Western Australia
1042 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
I"m no expert, but I would be going for a "word press" site for any website I was going to either get made or put together myself.
Magic guy in Perth Australia
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
I use Weebly for my websites ( I have a couple of entertainment based sites and 1 "news / blog" style site. I've had great success with them. A friend got my started with a wix site and at the time it looked great, but all the custom graphics really slowed down the site and it was pretty expensive compared to weebly.
Oscar999
View Profile
Elite user
401 Posts

Profile of Oscar999
Any website I've ever created on my own, looked like a homemade project.

I'm a professional writer (copywriter) and I thought my copy skills would translate into a website that looked professional. It did not.

Unless you're a professional designer my bet is anything you create will have a homemade vibe. And, depending on your market, that could be devastating to your sales.

Oscar
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
One thing I do not like about WIX is how it advertises itself on websites that have been built thru its software. That can lure viewers away from your website.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Websites for Magicians? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL