The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Allow me to introduce myself (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TreyP1T
View Profile
New user
St. George, Utah
10 Posts

Profile of TreyP1T
I guess this is as good a place to start as any. (read like person at AA meeting)My name is Trey, and I'm a magician. Smile I've been doing magic seriously for about 5 years now.
I was really into it as a kid, but not living in an area with any magic shops or knowing any magicians to turn to for help, or learning etc. I ran into a brick wall with it, finally giving up for a while. By chance I stumbled upon an online magic shop in 2010, which started to rekindle my interest, and in 2013 picked up again in earnest.
In addition to being a magician I'm also an actor, and have on occasion found ways to fit some magic or small moves into some of my performances in the theatre world. I mostly work with close-up and parlor style magic. I'm very happy to finally be able to join the Café.
I'm Trey, I'm a magician, a liar, and a cheat. But you can trust me!
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3661 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome TreyP1T,

I'm into Parlor and Close-Up as well.

Yes, having a local Brick and Mortar Shop is a BIG advantage to Magicians here in the Sacramento area. (Shout out to Grand Illusions Magic Shop in Carmichael, California. Please give them your business if you are in the area.)

I'm glad you found your way back into Magic. Joining the Café will help.

-Mary Mowder
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Hello TreyPIT!

I found my best magic friend growing up was the library. I lived very close to a county library that was very well-stocked with magic books. Kept me busy for many a summer.

Then I discovered magic conventions. If you have one near you, you will obviously find them to be full of like-minded individuals who share your passion.

You'll also find a lot of new friends here, so welcome!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
TreyP1T
View Profile
New user
St. George, Utah
10 Posts

Profile of TreyP1T
Thank you for the welcome. Now as an adult I've managed to find some other magicians in my town, and have attended the two Salt Lake City Magic Jam conventions that have been held, and even manage to make it to Vegas to hit up some brick and mortar shops now and then. all things considered it has been far easier, and more rewarding, returning to magic as an adult, than I found it as a child.
I'm Trey, I'm a magician, a liar, and a cheat. But you can trust me!
debjit
View Profile
Loyal user
India
213 Posts

Profile of debjit
Welcome to the Café! Hope you have a good time here.
Happy conjuring Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Allow me to introduce myself (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL