The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Visconti Modrone Tarot (33 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dr SH
View Profile
Elite user
French Spirit in Sydney
425 Posts

Profile of Dr SH
Few very good news on this project

It is a very good sign that some Tarot cards attract some many attention. It is a great news for the fortune teller in our group.
So far the Kickstarter project attracted 613 backers who spent more than US$45.000 !
So many extras (stretches goals) achieved and few more are coming. The creators really wants to make this Tarot cards exceptional.
Only 4 days left ….
If you leave in the same country/ close by somebody else , it is worth thinking buying 5 decks together.... it is a very good value

One of the backers asked online to mark the back of the cards. If you are a backer and you know the best way to do that I would suggest you contact directly the creator by PM , they are very responsive and wants to make the best job.

magic259
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of magic259
I would like to emphasize what DR SH has said......this project has been well received and anyone joining the project in the remaining few days will also receive an incredible bundle of stretch goals already funded.

There is also an opportunity to influence how the back design will look, although personally (for historical accuracy), I would like the backs to replicate the original tarot deck made for the Duke of Milan. This may afford some scope for a subtle marking system, however, I am not sure on that one.
Station10
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
198 Posts

Profile of Station10
I would love if it would be able to reach the Visconti seal.
John Gilmore
www.blindeyemagi.com

"I am a great admirer of mystery and magic. Look at this life - all mystery and magic." ~ Harry Houdini

"To Strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield!"
~ Alfred Tennyson
magic259
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of magic259
The pledges / funding for this project are certainly coming in and the "Visconti Seal" would be the cherry on the cake......fingers crossed.
magic259
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of magic259
The "Gilded Edges" funding pledge now reached......."Visconti Seal here we come!
Station10
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
198 Posts

Profile of Station10
Only 57 hours to go and they are getting closer to the Visconti seal! Only $3,100 USD needed. Fingers crossed, that would be the icing on the cake with this set.
John Gilmore
www.blindeyemagi.com

"I am a great admirer of mystery and magic. Look at this life - all mystery and magic." ~ Harry Houdini

~ Alfred Tennyson
HeatherV
View Profile
Regular user
Music City
185 Posts

Profile of HeatherV
Seal!!! Yay!!!
Station10
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
198 Posts

Profile of Station10
I can't express how excited I am about this set!
John Gilmore
www.blindeyemagi.com

~ Alfred Tennyson
Station10
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
198 Posts

Profile of Station10
Dare we hope for the seal wax level be reached in the next 14 hrs?
John Gilmore
www.blindeyemagi.com

~ Alfred Tennyson
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Well just put in my backing for a deck, not sure it will hit the next level with time left but I'm hoping as the rest are but happy to see that most of the extra level goals were hit !
magic259
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of magic259
I have a soft spot for good quality (and unusual) Tarot decks and I am really pleased to be part of this project.

When I first backed the project on June 26 I was happy just to accept the stretch goals that had already been reach. I thought with only a few days left to run the chances of reaching the next and future goals were pretty slim...how wrong could I be!

Here's hopping we can hit the next goal (Seal Wax) before the project closes later today...good luck to all.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Congrats on they're raising enough to fund 11 out of the 13 stretch goals ! Although we missed the wax seal & print I'm super happy to get the rest especially the seal, coin & gilded edges.
My deck will mostly be on display & get used on special occassions.
Sean Xem
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
235 Posts

Profile of Sean Xem
Anyone else receive theirs’ yet?

I got mine today. It is absolutely stunning.
Station10
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
198 Posts

Profile of Station10
I ordered a couple sets and got them a few days ago. I agree, they are absolutely stunning.
John Gilmore
www.blindeyemagi.com

~ Alfred Tennyson
Dr. O
View Profile
Veteran user
NC
395 Posts

Profile of Dr. O
Received mine yesterday. Impressive packaging and beautiful images. Forgot about the medallion and seal so that was a pleasant surprise.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
I also received mine yesterday, a loooong wait but soooo worth it, they're absolutly gorgeous !!! Now I wished I ordered 2 sets.

I would suggest you to go thru them as I & others seem to be missing a few cards, looks like I have 4 missing & 3 cards with gold stuck on backs that won't come of without scratching & damaging them.
Overall though I am very happy with the cards & the coin, seal,wax & book are beatifully package in a very nice display box.
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Unreal set of cards and extra's (listed below)

I may be willing to sell my extra set. I will open it and inspect if you wish.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/los......ne-tarot

Visconti Modrone Tarot is ONLY for Kickstarter: we will not sell it directly to any distributor or retailers, and every request to sell the deck outside Kickstarter will be denied. As long the campaign is live, retailers will be able to purchase the deck normally on Kickstarter at the same conditions of any other backer.

Extras:

-Six Additional Cards The original XVth century deck was most likely composed of 80 cards divided into five suits of 16 cards each. In order to make the deck easier to use by modern Tarot readers, the six additional cards will bring the total number of Major Arcana to 22, as in modern decks.

-Hardcover Book The companion book will be printed as a hardcover edition with gold foil decorations on the cover.

-Deluxe card quality The already excellent quality of the cardstock will be improved even more so.

-Three Additional Cards In the original deck, Faith, Hope and Charity replaced the traditional High Priestess, Star and Hierophant cards. We will recreate also these three Arcana bringing the total number of cards to 89.

-Deck Protective Cloth: a protective cloth to wrap the deck and protect the foil shine against any kind of wear.

-Treasure Chest Box: the box will have a more precious hinge-like closure, rather than just lid and bottom.

-Silver Foil: the cards will be printed not with just simple foil, but with a double layer of Silver and Gold foils, integrating with each other.

-Color Book: the companion book will be printed in full color.

-Visconti Florin Coin: a 4 cm diameter quality reproduction of the gold florin minted by Filippo Maria Visconti since 1442, whose front and back are portrayed in the Coin suit.

-Gilded Edges: the sides of the deck will be gilded with full gold.

-Visconti Seal: a 17 mm diameter metal seal with the Visconti coat of arms.
THE SUPERNATURAL ILLUSIONIST & EFFECTS CREATOR WWW.MRDARKNESS.COM
Sean Xem
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
235 Posts

Profile of Sean Xem
Merlin, thanks for the heads up on inspecting the deck. While minor, I have lots of cards with gold staining on the backs (a few were more major).

Will reach out to them. But other than that, they are gorgeous and a great value for the money spent.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Went thru mine & turns out the ones I thought were missing were sticking together looking like a single card, so I have all of them ! As for the minor gold specks on the back don't really bother me as being minor, the faces of the previous cards did not look like there was any damage/coming off they're faces so I'm happy.
As I was going thru the deck checking them I was really looking at each card & as for myself they are really well detailed & quite beautiful, they did a fantastic job on the re creation process !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Visconti Modrone Tarot (33 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL