The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fine Print by Jay Sankey presented by Nick Locapo (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Is this a new effect?

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/10106

Ad copy:

"I'm gonna come right out and say it, I hate magicians. They're always making you look dumb in front of your friends, and just when you think you've gotten the better of one, they make you look even dumber. Smug ***s. After years of mental abuse from my buddy Jeff hey-look-at-me Oaks, I was SO ready to laugh in his face, like 'hahhhhh! you finally screwed up, idiot!!! You suck, Jeff!!!!'... when he smiled from ear to ear and asked if I had ever read the fine print on the ace of spades. I hate magic, and I hate you, Jeff." -Kenny Strassel, Pittsburgh PA

Everyone makes mistakes. Even you.... but that day, is not today.

Whether you want to shut down a heckler, or to take your audience on an emotional rollercoaster, Fine Print is a ticking time bomb. Just slip one of the gimmicks into your deck (replace your regular ace of spades) and you're ready to go. With this new deluxe version, you get FOURTEEN gimmicks, in red and blue bicycle back, with FOUR different reveals, so unless you're giving them away as souvenirs, these will last a LONG time.

Nick Locapo will teach you FIVE full routines, so you'll be all set even if you've never done a card trick before in your life. Of course, if you already know a million card tricks you'll be happy to know you can end almost any card revelation with Fine Print.

And if you're one of those weirdos who likes to repeat tricks for the same audience, or if you're a worker who performs for very nearby audiences (tables) you can easily swap out aces for different outcomes.

This is a must have gimmick for any card magician.
trickyat86
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
596 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
I LOVE FINE PRINT! It's been in my deck for the past 14+ years. Definitely will be picking this up.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Guess this is one of the good oldies that I missed.
Chamberlain
View Profile
Special user
629 Posts

Profile of Chamberlain
I use the original Fine Print as a followup to Chicago surprise. At the end of Chicago surprise after the transpo I hand them the odd card, have them hold it between their hands and say "Since your hands are busy just say stop" and I do a hindu force to force the reveal on the fine print card. I then say "Would you be impressed if the card on your hand now told me what card you were thinking of?" I then have them turn it over and have a look, then I say "No I didn't say it would be your card, I said it would tell me what your card was.. see read the fine print there out loud"

Nice little kicker to the routine.
trickyat86
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
596 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2018, Magic KL wrote:
Guess this is one of the good oldies that I missed.

It's an old Elmwood Magic release. Though the original package only included 2 cards. http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4265
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2018, Chamberlain wrote:
I use the original Fine Print as a followup to Chicago surprise. At the end of Chicago surprise after the transpo I hand them the odd card, have them hold it between their hands and say "Since your hands are busy just say stop" and I do a hindu force to force the reveal on the fine print card. I then say "Would you be impressed if the card on your hand now told me what card you were thinking of?" I then have them turn it over and have a look, then I say "No I didn't say it would be your card, I said it would tell me what your card was.. see read the fine print there out loud"

Nice little kicker to the routine.

Mark James has a nice routine based around that on supercharged classics. Great stuff.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Is this by the same people who brought out the trick with FU and a middle finger on the card? I only ask because this ad copy seems want to appeal to magicians who want to make their friends feel dumb or want to have a trick that "stops hecklers".

There's nothing wrong with the trick itself but the ad copy seems juvenile to me.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
mantel
View Profile
Special user
922 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2018, MeetMagicMike wrote:
Is this by the same people who brought out the trick with FU and a middle finger on the card? I only ask because this ad copy seems want to appeal to magicians who want to make their friends feel dumb or want to have a trick that "stops hecklers".

There's nothing wrong with the trick itself but the ad copy seems juvenile to me.

No, that trick was was brought out by Lloyd Barnes/Ellusionist.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2018, trickyat86 wrote:
I LOVE FINE PRINT! It's been in my deck for the past 14+ years. Definitely will be picking this up.

Just curious, what are you picking up if you've had for 14+ years.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
It’d be far better if the print was so small that it required a smart phone camera shot, then zoomed in to read it.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Quote:
On Jul 18, 2018, pegasus wrote:
It’d be far better if the print was so small that it required a smart phone camera shot, then zoomed in to read it.

That is a great idea!
trickyat86
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
596 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Quote:
On Jul 18, 2018, Steven Conner wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2018, trickyat86 wrote:

Just curious, what are you picking up if you've had for 14+ years.

Cards wear out over time. I don't know about others, but I don't like have a visibly worn card in a fresh deck. This Product was originally packaged with 2 cards (1 red, 1 blue). New package has 14 (7 red, 7 blue).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fine Print by Jay Sankey presented by Nick Locapo (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL